New pool owner in TX

skudbucket

Dec 13, 2021
Midlothian, TX
Hi all,

My wife and I are currently in the build process and are so excited! Neither of us has owned a pool before and we are each a bit nervous about messing everything up. I was directed here from a facebook group and have learned a lot by reading articles and watching videos. We should be going through our builder's 'pool school' within the next 30 days and hoping to have a solid understanding of everything it will take to maintain our pool prior to that point!

Skud,

I suggest that you take everything your pool builder says about chemicals with a large grain of salt.. The TFP pool care process is not at all what your pool builder will provide during his pool school.

I suggest that you fill out your pool's signature which will help us help you when you have questions..

Settings, then signature.. You can use my pool's signature as an example.. it shows up at the bottom of each post.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: skudbucket
Hey Skud and Welcome !!!
I suggest that you take everything your pool builder says about chemicals with a large grain of salt..
What he’s talking about is water softener salt sold by the water heaters in all the home centers. It’s a couple of bucks less than ‘pool salt’ per bag but the only difference is the chunks are bigger and take a whopping 15 more minutes to dissolve.

I suspect your Texas PB at the very least tried to steer you away from a salt pool, Texas PBs HATE salt, but it’s all hogwash. Poor quality materials are the problem and they’ll be a problem either way.

This place is a treasure trove of facts / info / best practices shared by real world fellow pool enthusiasts. Glad to have you because everyone brings something to the table and with each new member the collective hive grows stronger. :)

Reactions: skudbucket