New Pool Owner (fun pool build video)

randys

Gold Supporter
Oct 28, 2018
Clayton, NC
Hi All:

New pool owner here. We've got a 16x40 rectangle, vinyl liner. No deck concrete yet and no experience ever maintaining a pool. I am really attentive to detail and have the lawn chemistry down to a science, so i'm certain this will be a breeze once I get the hang of it. Check out our pool build video (mostly showing off the kids playing in the dirt) and here is a pic of the pool. We have three boys ages (8, 6, 3) and one girl in the oven on the way (due January). Looking forward to the years of fun and hassles of cleaning :)
pool.jpg

WOW!! What a great video!! That one is gonna make our resident kid expert Kim :kim: so happy to see those kids experiencing that stuff! (well, maybe not the smokin', but I thought the cigar was spot on!)

Lovely lot, pretty retaining wall, nice pool build!

From reading your signature line the only thing you need now is a FAS-DPD tester to make your test kit TFP approved. The FAS-DPD test will test chlorine at high values that you can't read now. VERY important. Check it out at TFTestkits.net

What fun your family is going to have in that pool!!! Congrats on the wee one coming :)

Maddie :flower:

(sidenote: poor momma and all that boy dirty laundry! oy!)

Ohhhhhhhhh I am in heaven! Look at those hard working kids! What great workers they are! Amazing how much work that yellow digger can do in the right hands! That lumber jack has some great skills as well! LOL Little men right there! (man that cigar looks real)

When do you think the decking and such will be done? Please tell me you are helping with the wash!!! How many shirts has mom just thrown away due to that clay staining it??

Now lets talk about the safety of those little men and the coming princess! What are you doing to keep the kids out of the pool area now and in the future?

Kim:kim:

Ohhhhhhhhh I am in heaven! Look at those hard working kids! What great workers they are! Amazing how much work that yellow digger can do in the right hands! That lumber jack has some great skills as well! LOL Little men right there! (man that cigar looks real)

When do you think the decking and such will be done? Please tell me you are helping with the wash!!! How many shirts has mom just thrown away due to that clay staining it??

Now lets talk about the safety of those little men and the coming princess! What are you doing to keep the kids out of the pool area now and in the future?

We are getting concrete decking the week of November 5th. We are going to do 10ft in the front, 10ft in the back and 4ft on the sides. Then we are building a black aluminum (fake iron) post fence around the perimeter.

The clay is a nightmare. Each time it rains, the area flood a bit because it isn't pitched yet. Also the rain droplets splash clay into the pool :( The robot picks some of it up, but I have to run it multiple times. So the plan is to vacuum it into the DE filter or to waste once the concrete is in once and for all. I figure one-time vacuum won't hurt anything. Worst case I just lose some D.E with a backwash.

As for laundry.. Sad to say, I'm the one who has been ruining clothes :( Last rain I was out there with a shovel trying to help the water flow around the pool... and then it cakes on the shoes.. ARG. We can't wait for the concrete...

oh man shoe sucking clay is the worst!!!

cleaning the clay out of the pool. I like that you have used the robot to get some of it up. Make sure to brush every day if there is any in the pool to make sure it does not clump up and stain the liner! I would run the robot THEN do the manual vacuum when the decking goes in and you are ready to do the "deep" clean. You don't want too much clay on your filter grids!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally finished the fence today and a bit of a rock garden. YAY!
DSC05762.jpg

DSC05764.jpg