Southern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
Did my first test with the TF-100 kit, here are my results.
FC-.5
PH-7.2
TA-100
CYA-60
Cal-200
Should I tackle the pH and alkalinity first and ehat are your recommendations. Math says to lower pH to bring up alkalinity. Just want to make sure I do this right. I do have a SWG
Thanks in advanced!

For now, your pH and TA are ok.

Right now your first order is to get your FC up! Get some liquid chlorine and raise your FC to the right level for 60 CYA: FC/CYA Levels

Use PoolMath to help you figure out how much to add.

Do it now!

How are you testing salt? Test Kits Compared

Last edited:
Looks like you converted to SWCG. You should get a salt test kit. TF-100 Salt Test

What is your water temp? In northern ohio, in ground, mine are still 48. SWCG won’t work well until about 60, and they are not good at raising FC, good at maintaining FC. Check pool temps, use liquid chlorine until water temps 60-65, then dial in SWCG to create what you need. Use liquid chlorine to supplement daily until you are dialed in…

New readings:
FC-9
PH-7.5
TA-120
CYA-65
Cal-225
Salt-600
I plan to start adding the salt today, its nice out and I got the time.
Should I be concerned with the TA?
Thanks!

TA will manage itself as you keep the pH in the 7's. You need to test the TA level each time you need to add acid as the TA value is needed in Poolmath to calculate how much acid to use in your pool to lower the pH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.