New pool owner after a heavy bather load

Click the link on the test. Basically your testing your FC at dark and again in the morning to see how much you lose over night.
That's what I thought. I was just going to do that, use it as a rough estimate, and do a long SLAM to stay on the safe side. I dont know which link you mean, though.

But, now I'm wondering if I should just wait until payday when I can buy the needed test. I know what it is, I just can't remember the letters well enough to type them out. Begins with an "F" has a dash and then a "D" lol

I finally got the FAS/DPD test! Woot! Woot!

But, I'm not sure if I did it correctly, and am hoping you can let me know if I did something wrong.

FC-3
CC-0?

IT took 6 drops to change from pink to clear. When I added the R-003 it didnt turn pink, but it had a very faint pink "hue." Nothing like the bright pink after adding the powder. I had to hold it next to something white to be sure.

I added a couple drops of the R-0871 to see if it would go from the faint pink to clear, but it didnt.

Am I correct to think the CC is actually zero, or should I have kept adding more of the R-0871?

And if CC is zero, then I dont have to SLAM? Or should I do the overnight test? And if I do, does it matter how long after sundown I do the initial test?

Thank you so much for your help. I tell everyone I know about this site!

Did you water clear up? Sometimes heavy swimming stirs up a lot of dirt and can cloud the water. But hopefully the over night test will pass and you can move on :)
It looks perfectly clear during the day. At night, I can see a bit of cloudiness in front of the light. I tried to attach a pic, but it said my file was too large.

I am doing the overnight test tonight, bc it was so late last night. I was worried that it being so late past sundown it might alter the results. Im going to bring down my PH to 7.2 today just in case I dont pass, so I can start my SLAM tomorrow of needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks perfectly clear during the day. At night, I can see a bit of cloudiness in front of the light. I tried to attach a pic, but it said my file was too large.

I am doing the overnight test tonight, bc it was so late last night. I was worried that it being so late past sundown it might alter the results. Im going to bring down my PH to 7.2 today just in case I dont pass, so I can start my SLAM tomorrow of needed.
Good idea, let us know how it does

Reactions: Wendy3tkl
I
Good idea, let us know how it does
I had ordered a CYA test bc I ran out awhile ago and I dont think I did it right anyway. After finding an excellent resource in another thread, I retested with more confidence. I lost the dot at 20, so I understand that means 30.

I had thought it was 50 and had my FC target set to the high end of that. Yikes.

Question, my pool is in direct sunlight by 9 a.m. and stays that way until sundown. I read that it could be necessary to raise CYA to 40 or 50? How would I know? And can I wait until after the SLAM so I can use less chlorine?

Thank you so much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.