New Pool Owner/ 4 days after Fill

KsG2011

Apr 7, 2020
Magnolia TX
We just filled our pool last Saturday, and from the first full fill day we could see issues with the plaster. We had chosen a pebbleTech but was told it was discontinued and only choice was quartzscapes, so went with the french gray. The plaster company that came out patched the holes in the bottom of pool but when the plaster was done they had rags with powder sitting on the spots. They were scheduled to come acid wash that afternoon, but cancelled and showed up the next morning (granted I didn't know about acid wash, should have joined here sooner). We have about a 19,000 gallon pool and they were in and out from acid wash in about 2hrs (seemed fast too me). Before they left they were filling the pool (never said a word to us about anything, just left). I added a second hose to the pool from the shallow end, not knowing it would streak the pool. On Saturday we started really looking at the finish and there are whites spots where those rags were sitting, dark gray streaks all over and craving on the sunshelf and 10' bench at deep end. We've been told by the PB that this would all go away that we need to give the startup some time. Would like to get your feedback, thank you.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 76
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.