New pool ordered !

That is among the best vinyl pool floors I've seen! I like that they made the transitions smooth. It makes it look more like a gunite pool with their free-flowing interiors.

I completely agree. I'm very impressed with their work. I just walked around in the pool and it's even more impressive close up. Perfectly symmetrical and all the slopes are pretty perfect. No big bumps, divets, etc.

Yes, it looks very nice. He's doing a good job with the structure. However, I would tell the builder you want the 27" filter with the 2" MPV. You could always tell him to put the 2" valve on the 24" body (it fits just fine) but I can't imagine why he'd want to do that(?)

Yes, it looks very nice. He's doing a good job with the structure. However, I would tell the builder you want the 27" filter with the 2" MPV. You could always tell him to put the 2" valve on the 24" body (it fits just fine) but I can't imagine why he'd want to do that(?)
I went to see him a few weeks back and had a discussion about the filters. In his ignorant opinion, I had to have a 24" so that it was is sitting in my backyard. My buddy had the same pool installed by this guy (except the bigger model 26x40) and it's been 10 years and he hasn't had any issues so I'm sure it'll work out ok. Annoying that he won't put the 27" but he is the "expert" lol.

They were back at it today. They got the trim on that accepts the liner, drilled out and plumbed the returns and installed skimmer. They did a very thorough job scraping all the walls and concrete floor and swept and cleaned it . I was impressed how good of a job they did. Then they laid out the felt and them attempted to put the liner in. It doesn't fit very well so they have the "liner whisperer" coming tomorrow morning to see if he can cut and weld it. If he cant fix it they will order a new liner. I really hope he can fix it as I dont want anymore delays. Here are a few pics of today's action.
20190628_084748.jpg20190628_103025.jpg20190628_120406.jpg20190628_121644.jpg20190628_130404.jpg20190628_142849.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
From what I've gathered on this forum, yes, a lot of people have this, but it's usually discovered after the builder has filled the pool. Then the fun starts: "Oh, they'll disappear when the water stretches the liner", "Oh, the water will compress the creases and you won't notice it", "We can drain the pool and try to get it to lay flat but no guarantees and you'll have to pay for the water", and the best one, "They all do that"!

At least your builder is going to fix it (I'd still be ticked about the filter, though)!

Reactions: shaneymack
From what I've gathered on this forum, yes, a lot of people have this, but it's usually discovered after the builder has filled the pool. Then the fun starts: "Oh, they'll disappear when the water stretches the liner", "Oh, the water will compress the creases and you won't notice it", "We can drain the pool and try to get it to lay flat but no guarantees and you'll have to pay for the water", and the best one, "They all do that"!

At least your builder is going to fix it (I'd still be ticked about the filter, though)!

Wow, that would certainly be a worse situation than where I am right now. They were able to tell with the suction from the vaccum that it was not a proper fit and cancelled the water trucks right away. I'm glad they arent making excuses and just doing it properly even though its costing them a few thousand dollars. The owner of the pool store called me yesterday morning to apologize about the situation and said that the liner was not perfect and he doesn't accept that.
So all in all, I will have a well built pool with a small 24" filter LOL.

We really wanted a slide but didnt want to spend the 3-5000$ that the pool store wanted. I found an old one online today for 350$. It was green and pretty beat up but I was able to make it look like new with a good sanding and 3 sprayed coats of Sherwin William's multi surface acrylic. The water line is there but I'm not sure it works because it wasn't setup at the home where I picked it up. I guess worst case scenario I can buy another water line kit ? Are they pretty universal for these slides? The line is 1/4" that's there now.

20190630_172227.jpg20190630_172237.jpg20190630_170858.jpg20190630_172204.jpg

Reactions: Flying Tivo
They were back today and finalized the plumbing for the deck jets and the slide, back filled all around the pool and started excavation for the concrete. In total there is around 1200 sq ft of concrete. 3ft is included all around and we are adding 775 sq ft. Here are some pics of where we are at as of end of day today.

20190702_140356_80.jpg20190702_195932_80.jpg20190702_190904_80.jpg20190702_190916_80.jpg

Concrete pour this morning ! It went great, they did a good job. Great to see the slide installed and the base for the diving board in position.
Tomorrow is the final day for pool builder team. They are stripping forms, cutting control joints and setting machines on the slab. There will be 2 more loads of water tomorrow and 3 electricians here at noon.
Tomorrow PM or Thursday am a guy will be here to clean pool and balance water so hopefully we can swim by Thursday.
The lighting company is sending someone Monday to install the 3 lights.
I bought a bunch of burlap and will be keeping it saturated untill tomorrow to help with proper curing. They will remove the remove the burlap to cut joints then I will put a real curing blanket down called reliable cure sog20190709_143902.jpg20190709_143907.jpg20190709_120032.jpg20190709_120033.jpg20190709_115719.jpg20190709_120024.jpg

Reactions: Flying Tivo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.