New pool, need help

Ok, we are biting the bullet and upgrading our pool. Currently we have an above ground 24 foot round 54 inches deep. We are going to an inground pool, most likely will be about 20 x 40 with a spa. Not sure how big the spa will be but looking at about an 8 x 8 foot spa. Pool will be a vinyl liner pool with a sun deck going to 6 foot deep. I figured it will be about 30,000 to 35,000 gallons. Pool builder wants to know what pool equipment I want. He does not have any specific equipment and basically wants me to pick it out.
A little about the location, I am in NY, about 30 minutes from NYC. My backyard only gets a few hours of sun on the existing above ground pool. I cant cut any trees down as they are my neighbors so I am thinking of going from the Heat Pump that I have to a natural gas heater. Not sure my current heat pump would be able to handle the increased volume of the new pool.
Not looking to break the bank but I am looking for a SWG, Heater, pump, filtration system that is automated and can be controlled by a phone app.

That is where you wonderful people can lend a hand. I am looking for suggestions and any other recommendations you can lend. We are in the process of obtaining the permits, should be approved in a week or 2. At this point we are still working out the minor details so anything and everything can change.

Thank you,

I would get Pentair equipment. When you buy at least 3 Pentair products on one invoice professionally installed you get a 3 year warranty.

• Pump - Intelliflo VSF 011056
  • Filter - CCP 520 cartrridge filter
  • Automation controls - Pentair IntelliCenter i5ps bundle with IC40 SWG
  • Heater - Raypak 400K BTU NG heater or Pentair MasterTemp 400K
  • Lights - Pentair Microbrite or get a standard white incandescent or halogen pool light

Reactions: ericjr7210
Well here goes. We have our pool project started. Start Date was Monday 5/3/21.
Pool size is 20 by 44 foot with a raised Spa with veneer sides (not sure of dimensions of Spa). 27MIl liner going from 3.5 foot shallow end to 8 foot deep end. Approximately 38,000 gallons. Vermiculite base. Full length custom steps done in concrete wrapped in foam, Pool cleaner line and double main drain, 2 inch plumbing, 3 returns, 2 skimmers, 5 Pentair Glo Brite LEDs, custom bench deep end.
Equipment will be Pentair
1 1/2 HP Pentair Whisperflo Pump
Sta-Rite 500 SF Modular Filter
Sta-Rite 400K BTU Natural Gas Heater
Pentair EZ Touch Salt Generator w/ Automatic Controls
Polaris Cleaner and cleaning Kit
Blue stone coping

so far Builder has been great. here every day, workers have been great as well. I am sure I left some things out. Comments welcome

New Patio and Fire pit will also be installed once things get closer to pool completion. Hope to be swimming by mid June. Should have more pictures soon...

Attachments

• First Dig.jpg
    First Dig.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 14
  • More Dig.jpg
    More Dig.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 8 Ft Deep End.jpg
    8 Ft Deep End.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Shallow End.jpg
    Shallow End.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Walls UP.jpg
    Walls UP.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Pool and Spa Dig.jpg
    Pool and Spa Dig.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 16
You do realize you are getting a single speed pump. In July, they will no longer be allowed to be sold and installed as new or replacements. Go with a VS pump now.

great catch. thank you. I also thought it may be a little underpowered for the pool spa and cleaner if all 3 were somehow on at the same time
You will not have the pool and spa running at the same time. You will want to schedule a Spillway function to run a couple times per day to flush the spa water with chlorinated pool water.

Please update your signature with your new pool.

Correct. You should not set up the spill over for continuous use. Set up a Spillway function in the Easytouch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.