SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I just got a call from an Ohio number asking if they could set up a delivery drop off tomorrow? I asked her, What is it? She said.... It looks like an above ground pool! :mrgreen: Ohhhhh happy day! :whoot:Best news I've heard since my pool was destroyed. AND it's being delivered just in time for a special someone's birthday on May 16th! She's turning 7 years old!

You had better have it all put together and filled for her!
It's never fun looking at your present in a box and not being able to play with it.
Wish I lived closer to you, I'd volunteer to come help.

• Love
Reactions: Casey
I'll have to call off another day to set it up. AND study the weather!!!

Wrap it then. The suprise will be so much better if you gave her the full disclaimers that the pool might not come anytime soon. Does Her Highness know she has a bunch of us internet strangers wrapped around her finger too ?

• Love
She knows that I come here to help other people with their pools. And yes... those people will still be there at work. Lol

Reactions: Newdude
Pool came today at 1300 on the nose! I was afraid to leave it sitting at the road so I took the packing off n got the dolly n moved it to the pool site. Had to ask the neighbor to help me sit the wall up. I'll be checking the book to see if a weekend is open for install.

Attachments

• 20200514_125716.jpg
    20200514_125716.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 134
  • 20200514_131634.jpg
    20200514_131634.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 20200514_131654.jpg
    20200514_131654.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 132

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking at installing my new pool next Saturday. Extended forecast looks promising. I'll keep an eye on it for now.

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
Laid out the bottom track today after work n staked it in place. I've got to get the insulation board swept off. It's got a couple spots where water is pooling. Those are my deep ends. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 20200516_163803.jpg
    20200516_163803.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 118
Just got a message on FB from a guy I worked a housing unit with (he's now a Lieutenant). He's going to come out Saturday morning n help me. I told him any time we're off together, he n his wife can come use the pool because he helped me. So glad because my neighbor backed out n I can use all the help I can get.

nice do as much as you can before hand. on another note, my daughter came out and said remember when our pool had a design on the bottom? we used to have Portafina. only on the sides and under the steps.

Just changed the name of the thread to New Pool Install. Pool is going up tomorrow 5/23/20. Were going to start about 0900-1000.

I went in the basement n grabbed the old beaded track I originally bought with the first pool that I never used. I dont think I can use it because the top of it is to thick to fit into my stabilizer bars. I just don't think I can use it so I'm probably going to scrap the idea of using it all together n just use the jhook liner like I did last time.
I went out last night n cleaned the base of the pool floor of all debris from the last 2 weeks of wind blown Crud that accumulated on it. I'm probably going to have to drain the little bit of rain water that's in it so I can set the liner n move it around.

Suppose to have 3 other people helping me. We'll see how that goes. I'll keep ya'll updated.

I for one will be sending well wishes all day. There are many many others too. We got you.

Just changed the name of the thread to New Pool Install. Pool is going up tomorrow 5/23/20. Were going to start about 0900-1000.

I went in the basement n grabbed the old beaded track I originally bought with the first pool that I never used. I dont think I can use it because the top of it is to thick to fit into my stabilizer bars. I just don't think I can use it so I'm probably going to scrap the idea of using it all together n just use the jhook liner like I did last time.
I went out last night n cleaned the base of the pool floor of all debris from the last 2 weeks of wind blown Crud that accumulated on it. I'm probably going to have to drain the little bit of rain water that's in it so I can set the liner n move it around.

Suppose to have 3 other people helping me. We'll see how that goes. I'll keep ya'll updated.
I'm just south of Morgantown, if worse comes to worse let me know, I'm a good laborer. That pool has a deadline for a certain someones birthday doesn't it?

I'm just south of Morgantown, if worse comes to worse let me know, I'm a good laborer. That pool has a deadline for a certain someones birthday doesn't it?
Birthday was on the 16th but I seriously have a deadline by Sunday to have it put up. I can't be taking off to much time from the prison. Monday being a Holiday is out. My next off days are Wednesday/Thursday. You really aren't that far n if my son doesn't show up tomorrow, I could really use your help tomorrow if you're serious?

Reactions: sammckin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.