New Pool install this coming Spring - Looking for Hayward Automation Advice

jhakim

Nov 27, 2021
Toronto, Canada
Soon be be newbie pool owner next spring, but looking at local Black Friday sales at pool suppliers to maybe score some discounts while I wait.

I have a new fiberglass pool being installed Leisure Pools Limitless (pool/spa combo) next spring, and I want to get automation installed at the same time. All standard equipment being installed from my contractor will be Hayward based (VS pump, NG heater, filter, salt cell), so I'm obviously looking at the Hayward automation products. However, I don't know what model of automation panel I should be researching as the base unit. My local suppliers are closed this weekend, and my contractor says they usually refer to Hayward directly, so I'm first seeing what other advice this group can provide (please/thank you).

I'm already spending the money, so I want to automate as much as possible: pump, temp, pool lights, bubbler, spa only mode, salt chlorination, pool chemistry, ipad/mobile control, and (maybe/eventually) backyard lighting.

Based on the above, the initial question is whether I should be looking at the ProLogic vs the Omnilogic (seems like Omni may be the only answer I should consider, but confirmation would be helpful)? What other add-ons/additions would I need to buy to make this work? Obviously cost effectiveness is a concern, but I do want to set myself, and my wife and kids, up with as much ease as possible when managing the pool over the coming years (I travel a lot for work, so if I'm not home, then I need this as foolproof as possible).

Last edited:
Get the OmniPL if you can find one. It comes bundled with the SWG cell.

The Prologic or OmniLogic will work for you but the OmniPL has an improved UI.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.