New pool install - OmniLogic or AquaRite? Something else?

Silverandscout

Gold Supporter
Feb 3, 2019
Alabama
Hello, everyone. What a year it has been, to say the least, since coming on this forum. I still haven't gotten a pool - contractor problems and weather holds just to get all the ground work done has been horrific, but we have finally gotten to the point that we can hire a pool installer. We've decided to do a vinyl liner pool and will definitely do saltwater, but hoping to get some clarity on which system might be right for us.

The contractor we will be using (should sign the contract in the next few days) recommends either the Hayward OmniLogic or AquaRite, but says he'll install whatever system I want.

So here I am hoping for a little guidance or insight.

What I think I want: A system that monitors the basics and, at a glance, tells me what my salt system is doing. We don't particularly care about using the iPhone to make adjustments, etc., though we aren't afraid of that kind of stuff.

What I think I don't want: A system that makes me count how many times I push a certain button to go into a specific mode and then count flashing LEDs to interpret what is going on, etc. That seems entirely too antiquated for 2020.

Most of the posts in this forum seem to deal with malfunctions or replacing salt cells - so not a lot of info on what the differences are between very basic and higher-end salt systems.

Pool will be on the smaller side - 16x32 w/ 6' deep end.

Anyone have any experiences, regrets, or recommendations they would like to share?

Hello, everyone. What a year it has been, to say the least, since coming on this forum. I still haven't gotten a pool - contractor problems and weather holds just to get all the ground work done has been horrific, but we have finally gotten to the point that we can hire a pool installer. We've decided to do a vinyl liner pool and will definitely do saltwater, but hoping to get some clarity on which system might be right for us.

The contractor we will be using (should sign the contract in the next few days) recommends either the Hayward OmniLogic or AquaRite, but says he'll install whatever system I want.

So here I am hoping for a little guidance or insight.

What I think I want: A system that monitors the basics and, at a glance, tells me what my salt system is doing. We don't particularly care about using the iPhone to make adjustments, etc., though we aren't afraid of that kind of stuff.

What I think I don't want: A system that makes me count how many times I push a certain button to go into a specific mode and then count flashing LEDs to interpret what is going on, etc. That seems entirely too antiquated for 2020.

Most of the posts in this forum seem to deal with malfunctions or replacing salt cells - so not a lot of info on what the differences are between very basic and higher-end salt systems.

Pool will be on the smaller side - 16x32 w/ 6' deep end.

Anyone have any experiences, regrets, or recommendations they would like to share?
I just upgraded to the omnilogic and so far love it. I like being able to switch from say spillover to spa only and turn on the heater using my IPhone. I've only had my pool 3 years now, so still fairly new to pool ownership. I had prologic before, but not its capable enough for me. Its not just the app but also how many valves and features you'll have.

Thanks for the reply. Is the OmniLogic just for remotely controlling features, or does it also give you the ability to adjust the chlorinator and see salt readings, etc.? The AquaRite controller seems very popular and dependable. Are the "Logic" options just an add on to that?

I have no knowledge of the aquarite, so I cant comment on that. Yes you can change the SWG and see the readings at anytime. To me its the most advance of the Hayward controllers. I should to my signature, but I have 2 pool solar systems and 2 heaters plus water feature. I like that I can control all of that from my IPhone. Its all new so I have no idea how long term reliability will be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.