New pool in tx, equipment list

Rjbena

Apr 20, 2020
TX
First of all, long time lurker. Ive learned so much just from reading this site. Looking to build a smallish pool/spa in ground pool. This is the equipment, the pb is including.

420 cartridge filter
Pentair 3hp VS VF
Pentair 1.0 HP whisper flow
Pentair rebel
Pentair lte-4 screenlogic
Rainbow inline chlorinator
Pentair 400k btu master temp
Silencer 1.5 air blower

Any thoughts and opinions appreciated, also this is actually the same equipment list 2 other builders provided for a similiar designed pool. Thank you very much

Welcome to the forum!
Personally I would skip the Pentair suction side cleaner and get a robot on your own. More expensive, but cleans a whole lot better.
Get a SaltWater Chlorine Generator as a package with your Easytouch. The ET under no circumstances can be the Lite model.
Make sure the SWCG is rated for 2X your pool volume.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Rj,

The "lite" version of the EasyTouch has a very limited set of functions... As an example it only has 4 schedule/programs, while the real EasyTouch has 12.. Its main advantage is that it is cheap and comes with ScreenLogic.. They had to include ScreenLogic in the hope that someone would buy it.. It has no load center for all your circuit breakers. It is kind of like buying a small white car without power windows, or a key FOB, or air conditioning.. It will get you from point A to B, but you will cry every time you use it.

You have a good filter and excellent pump, so why cheap out on the automation?

I have three saltwater pools, I'd just as soon fill them in with dirt as not have them be saltwater pools.. When you get out of a standard chlorine pool, you feel like you need to take a shower.. In fact, a lot of people have outdoor showers for this very reason. When you get out of a saltwater chlorine pool, you feel like you just got out of a shower.. :mrgreen:

I suspect that you no longer use an old black rotary-dial telephone, so why in the world would you want a pool cleaner from the same area??? I have robot cleaners in all three of my pools.. I suggest that you move up to this Century and buy a robot cleaner on your own and not through your pool builder.. Something like this..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I’d agree with the above comments and add the following. Make sure they install an automatic water level control and overflow drain that way you aren’t adding water all summer and going out in the rain to drain the pool so it doesn’t overflow. Cost of the parts is less than $100 and wouldn’t build a pool without it.

Also something to consider with a tablet feeder is you will quickly reach a point where CYA will become elevated and preventing alge blooms will become difficult. You will be faced with maintaining high level of chlorine (see cya/cl chart) and going back to daily manual dosing with liquid chlorine to maintain the pool which is a pita. The only way to correct it is drain the water to dilute the cya.

Also, Keep the rainbow in line feeder though as it is a good alternative in the winter when chlorine demand is low and it’s too cold for a swg to operate. The rain will keep the cya down so come spring, the cya will be ok.

Last edited:
Ok, a little confused on the lte-4 screenlogic. Do we feel like this is the lite version? Should I request a different model? I want this to be as trouble free and as automated as possible. Thank you for the replies so far, it has helped me out a lot, and probably giving my pb fits, but they are getting ready to make a ton of money off me, and I want things right.

Rj,

You are the one that said it was a "lte-4 ScreenLogic.." I took "lte" to mean lite... No matter what, you need to get the actual P/N of the unit you will get getting.

Once we know the actual P/N, then we can confirm if you are getting a "real" EasyTouch or one of the "fake" lite models.

Let's hope it was just a typo... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thats just how it is written on the contract, that I have not signed yet. Im going to get clarification on it. I'm learning that Buying a pool is almost like building a house! Thank you sir for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.