New Pool in Tn

monoptn

Bronze Supporter
Dec 7, 2019
Clarksville, TN
Greetings folks. I've been reading and researching here at TFP for the last month or so, and what a great resource this forum is. I feel like a pool equipment, maintenance, and chemistry expert. I am ready to begin keeping my pool Trouble Free! Thanks to everyone who contributes for the great information and resource.

We started the dig on Dec 4, and are now complete except for final inspection, fence, and landscaping. It's a 17,000 gallon, 8 ft deep fiberglass figure 8 shaped pool with SWG and a 300btu gas heater. The equipment is all Hayward, and we are upgrading to a VS pump from a single speed based on pointers picked up here. What's another $500 at this point. Attached are a few pictures of the process up to the current state. Pool builder has been a gem .

Attachments

• 1 driveway gone.JPG
    1 driveway gone.JPG
    807.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 3 septic and lines.JPG
    3 septic and lines.JPG
    619.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 5aa day one dig template.jpg
    5aa day one dig template.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 93
  • 6aa gravel for pool.jpg
    6aa gravel for pool.jpg
    867.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 6bpool set.jpg
    6bpool set.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 7 Concrete 1 pour begins.jpg
    7 Concrete 1 pour begins.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 110
  • DJI_0555.jpg
    DJI_0555.jpg
    795.5 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: jtburf
That's exactly what I was about to say when I saw the pics- Great Feng Shui ;)

Boy do I wish *my* fiberglass pool was 8' deep! Enjoy yours mightily! Do a few dives for me, 'k?

Welcome to TFP :)

Maddie :flower:
Thank you! The placement turned out well, but as you can see, I had to move the driveway and septic tank. We are looking forward to summer, and in the meantime, I am looking forward to getting my hot tub wired up.

That is a beautiful setting and layout. And if you need extra seating, just backup the pickup for a few tailgate spots. Perfect for resting during a long cornhole tourney.

Spring will be here before you now it. You can get real good at your water testing in the meantime.

That is a beautiful setting and layout. And if you need extra seating, just backup the pickup for a few tailgate spots. Perfect for resting during a long cornhole tourney.

Spring will be here before you now it. You can get real good at your water testing in the meantime.
Thanks! It won't be long. Still gotta get the landscaping done and the permanent fence erected. The water balance seems fairly simple so far, but I suspect a crisis will eventually arise. I'm chlorinating with liquid since the generator won't kick on yet due to cold temps. It did come on for a few hours the other day, and I suspect it may come on again later this week. My heater does not yet have gas plumbed to it.

I'm still trying to get the fence installed so I can then take care of the landscaping. It has been raining for WEEKS here it seems. I picked up the shrubs and groundcover a couple of weeks ago, and hopefully this week the fence will get erected so I can plant the shrubs and bring in the gravel for the area surrounding the pool. In the meantime, TFP has been a great resource for sure. The water is crystal clear and the robotic cleaner (Pentair Warrior SE) that was recommended here has been very effective and fun to watch. Here is a picture of the pool tonight. It's so clean that it looks empty!uunf94gyTAaBhde4xJTrtw.jpg60359098166__111ACC29-DA7D-438D-8C00-FDBE9AAE9E46.JPGQTYrnuDrQiesua9el3QfoA.jpgubgFO8bBR1eJc0Ur15iOLQ.jpg

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
The weather broke and my number came up with the fence company. They will put the gates in early next week, and I'm getting some help lined up to finish spreading a little topsoil on the low spots, then putting down the rest of the landscape fabric, and planting the shrubs. Then all that remains is a little creek gravel on top of the fabric! DJI_0582.JPGDJI_0613.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great! What pool company made your fiberglass shell? We installed basically the same shaped pool by Sun Pools out of Kentucky, but our pool only goes 6 ft deep.
C & W pools out of Joelton , Tennessee. They manufacture and install, and have a deep an shallow version. They must have bought the mold somewhere because I have seen the same design a few times as well. C & W does sell regionally however.

Did your pool installer recommend the swg? Any concern with how the swg could impact the concrete decking? My installer didn’t push the swg on us last fall, so we didn’t move forward but something we can add later. I have coworker that loves his swg and has no complaints.

Thanks Jim! When we discussed the plans with our PB he thought swg in a fiberglass pool might be overkill. So we decided to move forward without as we were a bit overwhelmed with the entire process at the time. Now I am reading more and it seems swg is a true daily convenience. Lastly, my concrete guy said with proper sealed stamped concrete there should be no issues.

It is all completely done. Well, almost.........I still have to get a decorative concrete curb outside my fence to contain the gravel. But yeah, basically, it is all done. We have been enjoying it on warm days by firing up the heater, then turning it off when it gets too cool outside again. The pool has been a very nice and welcome oasis for our family during this quarantine. Attached are a couple of pictures of the water today. I can't say enough about this website and the knowledge I have gained from it. My pool water maintenance has been quite simple and it is absolutely sparkling crystal-clear. Thanks TFP!!!!

Attachments

• 0D74CCA7-E13E-4B2B-822D-D5E37EA9525A_1_105_c.jpeg
    0D74CCA7-E13E-4B2B-822D-D5E37EA9525A_1_105_c.jpeg
    402.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 935EB74D-1A2F-4950-948B-C0931E57BD41_1_105_c.jpeg
    935EB74D-1A2F-4950-948B-C0931E57BD41_1_105_c.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 28
  • F6E6CE5E-5D4C-41DD-BA1B-443BF722AAC5_1_105_c.jpeg
    F6E6CE5E-5D4C-41DD-BA1B-443BF722AAC5_1_105_c.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 27
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.