New Pool in Leander, Texas

Oswald

Jul 23, 2021
Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
End of day 3, we might be near the bottom! It was another long day of Jack hammering. Wife and I both work from home so we got to listen to it. All. Day. Long.

looks like the stone pretty much goes to the bottom.
61FCE57A-65E6-4DB7-97DD-2D371E7AEF38.jpeg

joel98z

Bronze Supporter
Jun 14, 2021
Wylie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hope you are not getting charged alot extra! Our builder warned us about "rock time" and it would be xtra if they hit rock during the excavation

Oswald

Jul 23, 2021
Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hope you are not getting charged alot extra! Our builder warned us about "rock time" and it would be xtra if they hit rock during the excavation
We asked ahead of time and due to the sheer amount of limestone in this area, they don't charge extra. It's built into the dig cost. They only charge extra if they run into something truly unusual, like a buried car or storage tank or something that doesn't belong there.

Reactions: Newdude and joel98z

Oswald

Jul 23, 2021
Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Yesterday marked day 6 of this never-ending dig. They showed up today again, but unfortunately I sent them away. The HOA expressly forbids working on Sunday and I've already been on their bad side a few too many times.

After removing all that rock, yesterday they brought in smaller rock, aka gravel, and placed that around. I think they still have work to do on the spa since that is where they were when I kicked them out this morning.

They removed the digging machines today, so I'm hoping we are nearly done with this dig.

IMG_7063 (Medium).jpgIMG_7078 (Medium).jpgIMG_7079 (Medium).jpgIMG_7083 (Medium).jpg

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Unless the limestone magically stops just outside the dig area, you are probably correct!
you may need to bring back that backhoe if your plumbing trench needs to be 18inches or so.

Oswald

Jul 23, 2021
Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
you may need to bring back that backhoe if your plumbing trench needs to be 18inches or so.
I have to assume that electricians and plumbers are well equipped to deal with the rock. It's hardly unique to my build. It's all over this area.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Also to quote the great (and presumably late) Jack Sparrow, The problem is never the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. So WELL done there.

Oswald

Jul 23, 2021
Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
After a week or so, the water drained enough for them to continue. They just had some adjustments left in the spa area and finished those yesterday! Dig is done!

Plumbing started today. It was dark by the time they left so I'll get some pictures tomorrow. But progress is being made!

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf