Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am in the process of planning my 1st in ground pool. I am looking at a 18x43x30 L shaped pool.

I live in Arkansas and the summers are HOT and the pool will get full sun from a little after sunrise till 4/5 in the afternoon when the shade of the house gets in the way. My wife is wanting to add a heater to extend the season on the front and back end. I think I would only be running it part time maybe a month in the spring and to a lesser extent a month in the fall. I have been researching the heaters and it looks like they are quite costly to run. I don't have natural gas at my house, but I do have a propane tank. I have also looked at heat pumps, they look cheaper to operate...but more of an initial investment.

Can anyone out there with a heater that uses them to extend the season give me some advice on cost and benefits? I think this pool is supposed to be right at 30K gallons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.