New pool going in this month!

fish,

Looks good.. Just make sure that your SWCG is at least 2 x the volume of your pool.. For example.. I have a 17K pool and a 40K cell. This is because the ratings on cells are based on running them 24/7..

Thanks for updating your signature,

Jim R.

We're looking for model numbers. There's got to be more details than that.

Which SWCG? Usually recommend one made for AT LEAST twice your pool volume

Some people really like their pressure-side cleaners, but these days with Robotic cleaners as good as they are mostly everyone has switched over to robots and likes them much better.

We're looking for model numbers. There's got to be more details than that.

Which SWCG? Usually recommend one made for AT LEAST twice your pool volume

Some people really like their pressure-side cleaners, but these days with Robotic cleaners as good as they are mostly everyone has switched over to robots and likes them much better.

Not one of the multiple quotes we got mention robotic over pressure side. I have only brief experience browsing through the cleaners.

- - - Updated - - -

My PB will have the exact model numbers for me Monday. All I currently know is what’s in my signature.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What City, State, Province, Country is this pool being built in? Please add that to your Location in member settings. The climate you live in helps us alot in suggestions.

For instance, if this is in the southern states or tropical areas, your IC40 is undersized for your volume of pool.

Take care.

Pump Intelliflo 011056
Filter clean & clear 320 - 160340
Salt - easy touch ic40 - 520593

Fish,

The 011056 pump is the latest version of the IntelliFlo and can work as a Variable Speed pump or a Variable Flow pump... A great choice!!

The 520593 EasyTouch automation system comes with an internal salt cell power supply and an IC40 salt cell. The cell is slightly small for your pool, but will work fine in your location.

The 160340 CCP 320 filter is ok, but in my opinion a little small for your pool... The bigger the filter the less it has to be cleaned. I only have a 17K pool but have the CCP 520 filter. I clean it twice a year.

I 'assume' that you will be getting ScreenLogic2 to go along with your EasyTouch.. If not, you really should, because it will make using and programming your EasyTouch about 10 x easier and will allow you to control your pool using a PC, Tablet, or your phone...

I am not a fan of Booster pumps or water powered cleaners which are 1970's technology... I use robots and love them... Here is a good thread to read about robots... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjqjqCwqqjZAhXK5YMKHbpDAmwQFggnMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.troublefreepool.com%2Fthreads%2F120447-Doheny-s-Discovery-S200-Active20-Triton-owners-club&usg=AOvVaw35cFjdsfGNUS1pItB66-7m

Thanks for posting,

Jim R/

Looks like I’m upgrading the CCP. It’s only a couple hundred bucks more.

There’s been a couple mentions that the IC40 maybe a little small. What are the pros and cons?

As far as the screenlogic2, it hasn’t been mentioned. In looking at the product information Im not sure I really need it. We don’t have any features to mess with.

The pro on upsizing your SWCG is you will not need to run your pump as much and/or your SWCG at high of a % setting.
Essentially, your IC40 will need to run about 12 hours per day at 100% during the summer. An IC60 would need to run about 8 hours per day at 100%.

The con to upsizing is $$$. Is it worth the price to have a SWCG that will produce ~50% more chlorine over its lifetime.

Jim will show you the light on the Screenlogic ------------ hah!

Take care

Longer cell life and less power use, both from the cell and running your pump less, if desired.
Each cell has a life of ~10000 hours, depending on maintaining a proper water chemistry.

So an IC60 will create 50% more chlorine over its life than an IC40. So it is a $$ decision, does an IC60 cost 50% more than an IC40?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.