New pool full of water, starting SLAM.

TigerFanatic1

Jun 1, 2019
Louisiana
Contractor filled pool 2 days ago, then added shock and 5 chlorine pucks yesterday with cloudy water.

Got up this morning, back-flushed sand filter with very little sign of fouling. Ran water tests with 7.5 FC, 0 CC, 0 CYA, 7.2 PH, 200 TA, and 300 CH. I was surprised at the CYA results since he added pucks. I added 4 lbs. of acid for CYA and 3/4 gallon of liquid Bleach. Plan to start S200 this evening.

With fresh water you should not need to SLAM.
Add CYA, aka stabilizer, using the sock method. The 5 pucks will add a small amount of CYA. Account for that and target 40 ppm CYA.
Can you add a pool volume to your signature.

Pool math said to add 6 lbs, but all I really know is that it is less than 20, so I started with 4 lbs. should I just get my CYA up and leave FC in recommended range? I overlooked the sock method, will definitely use it going forth. How long should I wait to recheck water?

If you added CYA directly to the skimmer, you need to wait at least a week prior to testing for it.
You do not show what type filter you have, but do not clean/backwash your filter for at least a week either.

If you added the CYA into the pool directly, be sure it is all dissolved. It will stain your liner --- will look like freckles.

You can run the S200.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.