New pool first time pool owners

ken.olson25

May 17, 2021
Alberta
So I am away with work and the pool testing and chemical side of things has been left to my wife. We know nothing. Our pool is a 15 ft above ground pool of 11575 L. She has added the chemicals and such off the advice of her father. They have a pool and never had issues. After 2 days of doing the chemical in our new pool with freshly added water the water became very cloudy. Any lamens term advice I can relay to her since I am not there. She has those quick reader color tab readers for testing and says they are all off.

Cheers

Welcome to TFP! :wave: We would be happy to help, but there are a few things we'll need to know:
- We need full set of water test results. In your area, many use the Taylor K-2006C test kit unless they go south to the US and get the TF-100. Accurate testing is a must.
- Update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info.
- See if you can give us a list of what chemicals have been added since water fill.

We may have more questions later, but that's a start.

Texas Splash has your first steps taken care of. I really recommend getting one of those two test kits - the strips are simply not good enough.

I 'inherited' our pool almost a year ago as first time homeowners and pool owners, and can assure you that with a good test kit so you know exactly where everything is at, looking after your own pool is really straightforward. Looking at the sparkling clean water gives you an enormous sense of accomplishment and by not relying on them, you will save HUNDREDS of dollars a year on unnecessary chemicals that the pool store are desperate to sell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.