Dacula, Ga
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I've been reading and studying up on everything TFP and have my test kit ready.. having said that the pool is being filled today (pebble finish) and the pool builder will maintain it for the first 30 days and then turn over and add salt at that point...

Is there anything I should do on my end or just let it ride for 30 days and start testing and maintaining at that point?

Is there anything I should do on my end or just let it ride for 30 days and start testing and maintaining at that point?
Keep good notes of anything that they builder adds to the water. Take pics of the labels if needed. While they may insist on balancing the water for the first 30 days, you can still do your own testing to monitor levels. Ask the builder what you might be allowed to do chemically. You can expect the pH to rise often as the plaster cures. Be sure there is a reasonable amount of chlorine in the water to prevent algae. They probably won't add stabilizer/conditioner until day 4, but be sure they do and that the FC remains consistent. You can always post a full set of test results here later and we'll be happy to give you our thoughts. If we see something alarming, you can contact your builder to discuss.

I have the pool officially from the builder and time to make adjustments... I've been trying to dial in the FC number with the SWCG... What do I need to do from here? Anything to add right away or tweak? Here are my test results

==========================================
Farley Pool
------------------------------------------
Build Type: Plaster
Volume: 19000 gallons
------------------------------------------
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 5.5 (an hour ago)
CC: 0.5 (an hour ago)
pH: 7.9 (an hour ago)
TA: 80 (an hour ago)
CH: 175 (an hour ago)
CYA: 50 (an hour ago)
SALT: 3000 (an hour ago)
TEMPERATURE: 88° (an hour ago)
CSI: -0.08 (an hour ago)
==========================================

Thanks guys, and looking forward to learning more so that I can help others in the future..

I would increase the CYA to 70. It should help to protect the FC created. You could use a bit more calcium to get the CH to at least a 250 minimum. Once you get the CH increased, keep the pH around the 7.8 mark and you should be in good shape. Continue to monitor the FC according to the FC/CYA Levels and you should do fine. Nice job! Congrats. :swim:

I would increase the CYA to 70. It should help to protect the FC created. You could use a bit more calcium to get the CH to at least a 250 minimum. Once you get the CH increased, keep the pH around the 7.8 mark and you should be in good shape. Continue to monitor the FC according to the FC/CYA Levels and you should do fine. Nice job! Congrats. :swim:
Thank you for the quick response ... I have a waterfall and a soda spillover... I've read that raises TA... Anything I need to be concerned about with that?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.