New pool - Equipment Recommendation please

agrprodc

May 24, 2020
Van Nuys, CA
I am about to install an oval 12x24x52 Aquasport 52 above ground pool with a main drain, skimmer, one return and a waterfall. I am planning to use 1.5" hard plastic pipes, Pentair OptiFlo 1HP 2 speed, and Hayward XStreme 150sq. ft. CC1500 Cartridge Filter. The equipment will be placed 15 foot from the pool and will be 2 foot above the water level.

Question: I can also go with Pentair OptiFlo 3/4HP 2 speed pump for the same price if you think that 1hp might be oversize for my pool (Approx. 7500 Gallons)

Please advise if this is a good and appropriate setup for my new pool. Thank you in advance for your answers !

I would stick with the 1 hp. You will use low speed nearly all the time. The cartridge is fairly small but as long as you do not mind cleaning it, all will good.

How do you plan to chlorinate?

Taking a look at your pool volume, the 150 is fine. I thought I saw a larger volume. I get ~7000 gallon, right? Can you add that to the signature?

1.5" will work fine on return. If equipment is above water line then 2" on suction would be better.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.