New Pool Construction

XsAllOverIt

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Airy, Maryland
I'm posting my URL: http://golfmd.com/baurphotoalbum/poolco ... /index.htm

I have an entire history of construction of our pool with pretty detailed notes for myself in the future and those that are thinking about building a pool. I've learned A LOT of lessons that I wish I had known prior to building our pool. Unfortunately I stumbled on Trouble Free Pool after we had begun construction and I would have certainly benefitted from many of the posts within this site. This has been my first (at 52) major construction job and have learned too late from many aspects.

I hope this history (which incidently will be updated throughout 2011) will provide those building a pool some insight which can prove very valuable.

We're not anywhere close to done. I've got some interesting problems that we have to address in the Spring and will keep you posted. Have fun. It's a LONG daily update of our entire construction process. I hope to have an entire 3/4 acre spread in the backyard that keeps me both busy and happy in the future. Future work will include a pizza oven, a putting green with chipping area to hit sand wedges back to the shed in the corner, boat house and concrete driveway. Funding and time are always the only constraints.

Our original budget for the entire project was $90K. We're already over-budget and have a lot more to complete. It certainly has been worth the investment, IMHO.

XS...looks like it's going to be nice when you are done :goodjob:

Here is a link to a post of my friend's pool that was recently completed, and although you may have some different design elements in mind, the mention of you wanting a putting green, etc, reminded me of his build. Hopefully will give you some ideas...he actually had a tee box put right behind the pool so he can hit balls over the pool to the putting green at the end of the property...it's a healthy sand wedge shot from the pool to the green :roll:

pool-build-on-li-ny-t28350.html

Very, very impressive build. I have browsed through some of the pictures briefly and that you have done this yourself is nothing but unbeliveable. I think it will take the weekend to go through all the pictures, something I look forward to :cheers:

//Mats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.