Hi,
Almost done with our first pool build and boy what a headache. I’m here hoping to gain some knowledge so I can pick a pebble color. We want zero green/teal/turquoise tint to the water. Hoping to achieve a very true blue. Leaning towards French gray (probably touch of glass to get it darker) but considering Midnight blue but worried it’s still going to have a green tint.

Hi,
Almost done with our first pool build and boy what a headache. I’m here hoping to gain some knowledge so I can pick a pebble color. We want zero green/teal/turquoise tint to the water. Hoping to achieve a very true blue. Leaning towards French gray (probably touch of glass to get it darker) but considering Midnight blue but worried it’s still going to have a green tint.

Attachments

• D635F184-07BD-44F9-B4DA-61264AC37897.jpeg
    D635F184-07BD-44F9-B4DA-61264AC37897.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 69
  • E84BD50E-7DD0-4F82-987D-B58DE0D56F48.jpeg
    E84BD50E-7DD0-4F82-987D-B58DE0D56F48.jpeg
    652.1 KB · Views: 69
So we decided to do a custom pebble blend. We started with Tahoe Blue Puerto Rico Blend, which calls for 8 bags of Gold pebble, 2 bags of Black 2 bags of the Puerto Rico blend glass beads. But we decided to do reverse and use primarily black pebbles. Also I switched out all gold pebble with white. And then when the plaster crew got here I chickened out and was afraid 8 bags of black pebbles would be too much so I lowered the ratio 6 to 4 instead of 8-2. Our PB suggested the glass beads be hand cast because we would loose a lot of the beads in the plaster if we put them in the hopper. Throwing them by hand would mean I would save money by having to buy less bags . However in hindsight I wish I would have splurged and bought all 8 bags and had them put in the hopper for a more even spreading. It looked even when they were doing it but now you can see where they glass was spread heavier which is a little bummer.

Reactions: clpwalk
So we decided to do a custom pebble blend. We started with Tahoe Blue Puerto Rico Blend, which calls for 8 bags of Gold pebble, 2 bags of Black 2 bags of the Puerto Rico blend glass beads. But we decided to do reverse and use primarily black pebbles. Also I switched out all gold pebble with white. And then when the plaster crew got here I chickened out and was afraid 8 bags of black pebbles would be too much so I lowered the ratio 6 to 4 instead of 8-2. Our PB suggested the glass beads be hand cast because we would loose a lot of the beads in the plaster if we put them in the hopper. Throwing them by hand would mean I would save money by having to buy less bags . However in hindsight I wish I would have splurged and bought all 8 bags and had them put in the hopper for a more even spreading. It looked even when they were doing it but now you can see where they glass was spread heavier which is a little bummer.
Your pool looks beautiful! We went with aqua white Stonescapes with one bag per batch cobalt blue glass to get a medium true blue. Also added some abalone shell for sparkle.

Hi,
what did you pick and how do you like it
we are struggling between french gray portorico blend and acqua blue!