New Pool Build, Yet Another in DFW

Coping done and the back wall started today. I'm guessing they'll finish up tomorrow. Super impressed with the work on the coping. They also cleaned up after themselves, unlike a lot of the crews...definite points for that from me. :LOL:

On a side note...I'm pretty happy with my decision to switch to bullnose for the coping. It forced them to do 45 degree angle cuts on all the corners and plan out the other cuts more. Looking at lots of pics of straight faced travertine coping, it seems installers get a little more sloppy with their cuts, especially planning out the corners. There's so many corners on our pool, I knew it would drive me crazy. (y)IMG_6655.jpgIMG_6656.jpgIMG_6657.jpgIMG_6658.jpgIMG_6659.jpgIMG_6660.jpgIMG_6662.jpg

Looking good. They made a ton of progress today. How are you going to do your wall? All split face travertine, or are you working some tile into the columns?

PS - Make sure that doggie doesnt jump down there and blow its ACL :)

Thanks, yeah they really knocked out a ton of work today. The wall is going to be all the split faced stone with the fire bowls raised up a little from the rest of it on either side.

Oh yeah, he's been really good about staying up on the patio. He goes down there, but just on the far side where it's not a drop off.

Dear fellow North Texan,
I’ve heard ALOT of success stories around here with SWG’s.
Its more about learning how to test your own water and learning pool chemistry
My 15 yr pool does not have SWG.
... Trust me on this one -as I learned the hard way Pre-TFP
You don’t need a SWG to mess up your pool. you can become REAL GOOD -at both
both corrosion and scaling
(at different periods ) with No SWG!

Blessings
Best of luck to y’all on your new build

Reactions: Snikwah and kimkats
Been a pretty busy week. Stone work mostly done, equipment delivered and set, electrical done and inspection tomorrow. Old fence removed and new fence installed. They'll finish up the fence and install the gate opener tomorrow. Picked out the fire bowls for the top of the back wall as well. It's getting there :D
IMG_7781.jpgIMG_7787.PNGIMG_7807.jpgIMG_7808.jpgIMG_7809.jpgIMG_7810.jpgIMG_7811.jpgIMG_7812.jpg

Reactions: JJ_Tex and wireform
Been a pretty busy week. Stone work mostly done, equipment delivered and set, electrical done and inspection tomorrow. Old fence removed and new fence installed. They'll finish up the fence and install the gate opener tomorrow. Picked out the fire bowls for the top of the back wall as well. It's getting there :D
View attachment 119956View attachment 119957View attachment 119958View attachment 119959View attachment 119960View attachment 119961View attachment 119962View attachment 119963
Unless you forgot to put in the signature, you'll need a K-1766 TAYLOR SALT TEST

Reactions: Snikwah

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks! I think the stone turned out great and goes well with the tile color. Can't wait to see how it all looks with the blue water as the background instead of the gray gunite. :)

Stone work is officially completed! Simply blown away at the job they did...just amazing. They're truly artists. There will be travertine paver steps up to the existing patio elevation in between each of the raised planters.

Cleanup is scheduled for either tomorrow or Wednesday and then pavers will start on Thursday or Friday. (y)

IMG_8404.jpgIMG_8401.jpgIMG_8405.jpgIMG_8406.jpgIMG_8402.jpgIMG_8403.jpg

Just a quick update.. pavers were supposed to start yesterday but we got a decent amount of rain in the morning so it got pushed to start Monday. Stone/sand base and pavers dropped off though, so parking on the street this weekend. :LOL:
0CB11C41-DDA7-444F-BDD2-883F5BF28ECA.jpeg0177940D-7DE8-4E01-A26C-7B47193BB70D.jpeg74C5EED1-22B4-4967-B56E-7EDE28C55227.jpeg

Have you dug through the tile to take a peek at it???
Not yet.. they actually delivered the wrong color, so they came back to took it. They'll drop off the correct color on Monday. Won't cost me any time though..cause they'll just be doing the base and prep on Monday. I checked the label as soon as he dropped the first pallet and immediately texted the PB. He was able to catch them to take it back before the delivery guy even left. Good thing I looked...trust but verify. :LOL:

I'm looking at those empty planting wells (??) with the wood supports in there...... will that wood remain holding up the pergola?? Will they rot?

Maddie :flower:
Yes ma'am.. one of the posts of the pergola was resting on the old existing sidewalk, which was removed...so we had to replace that post. I decided to just go ahead and replace all 3 in front at the same time. The posts are pressure treated and will be fine in there once filled with dirt. Also will be repainting the whole thing. (y)

Reactions: JJ_Tex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.