Jopool123

Aug 10, 2020
La porte Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello evry1 my name is Jo. The wife and I decided this year to get a new inground pool ( freeform pool 31x14 10581 gallons/pool depth 3'6" to 6'6"/ 8' tan deck, 2bubblers, raised beams with 3' water sheer, Pentair intelliconnect, filter 320, intelliflow vs, chlorinator,2 intellibrite led, 36" round table, 400k heater) we had several bids. We signed a contract on 6/2/2020. 1 HOA approval denied, too much concrete decking, 1 city inspection failed due to excavation to close to the house, finally excavation was done in August 10, 2020 (backyard had a big hole for 2 months) ,we had 2 cave ins, gunite & short plumb in October 13,2020, plumbing & pool equipment November 4,2020, November 18,2020 tile & coping, concrete deck completed December 8, 2020, December 14, 2020 clean up, December 15,2020 plaster with quartz, pool filled with water complete 12/16/2020. Today is 12/22/2020 and we have not been able to enjoy the pool yet, we did get a heater. The weather currently here in La Porte, Tx has been cool. The plaster looks terrible we have several blotch spots of white like the quartz was not mixed correctly but the pool company claims that they will fix it. We are expecting to get the gas line installed today for the heater and soon a one on one with the start up technician of our pool equipment. Been frustrating not having our backyard for so long. We are getting a new fence and looking forward on some landscaping soon. We knew going into the pool build process it would take time but not this long. We are hoping for the best. Hope evry1 has a blessed day!

Portions edited to remove references to pool company. Forum Rule #4. TFP Mod.

Attachments

• Ramos V construction_002.jpg
    Ramos V construction_002.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4097.JPG
    IMG_4097.JPG
    305.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4096.JPG
    IMG_4096.JPG
    341.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Howdy fellow Texan and Welcome to TFP. The finished pool looks great in spite o your delays.
It is great that you put your timeline as that helps others - no doubt the volume of pools in process during this past COVID summer had a lot to do with delays.
Did you buy your test kit and ready to post your results? Test Kits Compared
Did you read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Remember to brush your walls daily to remove the plaster dust.
Create Your Signature to help us understand what your current setup is

Note - you may want to edit your post to remove the pool builder name as we don't need to publish that openly - if someone wants it they can contact you privately.

Reactions: Jopool123
Howdy,
I just ordered the recommended test kit I read somewhere on here
Taylor TechNologies - K-2006 Complete Pool Water Test Kit, I will definitely post results soon.
I am new to this website and reading a lot of good stuff. Definetly will read the ABCs of Pool water chemistry, thanks HermanTx.

Jo

Howdy,
I just ordered the recommended test kit I read somewhere on here
Taylor TechNologies - K-2006 Complete Pool Water Test Kit, I will definitely post results soon.
I am new to this website and reading a lot of good stuff. Definetly will read the ABCs of Pool water chemistry, thanks HermanTx.

Jo

Great. Also, just to confirm, no heat and no pool cleaners in the pool for 30 days while plaster is curing.
Suggest you also read the following and any guidelines your PB provided you.
Pool Start-Up Guidelines
Plaster Start-Up Guides - Further Reading

One final item - the PoolMath app is really good to track your test results and to decide how much chemicals to add based on those test results. It is a great value at the $8 annual fee to have it.

Reactions: Jopool123
Hey Jo and belated Welcome !! Sorry it’s been a roller coaster, but once the ride stops your only hang ups will be deciding if you’d rather have burgers or ribs while you enjoy the lovely pool.

You’ll regale your friends with all the headaches as you all enjoy a swim day, and each time you retell them they become a little funnier. You’ll be laughing at it all in no time with your feet up while enjoying a stiff adult beverage.