new pool build pump issues

Apr 7, 2013
Tallahassee Fl
14x29 fre form pool all plumbing was pressure tested before and after back fill. The pump will not fill and run as designed. is the head height I am asking of the pump to much, am I asking it to pump to high?

its pumping water just not enough to fill the pump basket or provide pressure in the system.

Attachments

• image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    160 bytes · Views: 29
I did not lube the orings prior to assembly. Yes this is a new set up the pump is roughly three feet above water. we have tried priming the pump with a water hose, 5 gallon bucker. you end up filling the pool.

0 PSI in the filter
the pump is running fulll speed.

Trying to upload pictures but it will not accept photos from my iphone.

Do you have a pressure relief valve open on the filter? You say it is pulling water, but not enough. Open the relief valve while priming the pump.

G,

Show us a pic of your skimmer with the basket removed..

Your pump should lift the water three feet with no issues..

I'd try to run the pump using just one of the three inputs.. Try all three, one at a time and see what happens..

I doubt this is a pump issue..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
In addition to Jim R.'s advice, check the skimmers, my pool still had the plugs installed, so it was not pulling any water from the skimmers until the plugs were removed! The pump should pull water from your drains and your skimmers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
G,

Try this..

Close all three valves in front of your pump.. This will keep water from going back into the pool

Then use a garden hose to fill up the pump basket. Put the lid back on the pump basket.

Turn on the pump, and as soon as the pump starts to come up to speed, open just the skimmer valve...

Let us know what happens..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: KCNM and Tcadwall0
Agree with Jim regarding attempting to prime with only one valve open. If the issue really is with pumping power, then having the suction split between three routes is definitely not helping. Opening only one line will devote the entirety of the suction to that line, and as mentioned your pump should easily handle that. Then you can *slowly* open the other valves to prime those lines also. I say slowly, because if you do it too fast you could end up just killing the prime on the first line. Open it slowly and let the pump rebalance and prime the new line.

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.