New pool build, NW Indiana

smarkle46

Oct 5, 2019
Valparaiso, IN
Hi, everyone!
We are nearly finished with our new IG pool construction. It is nothing fancy, just a 16x32 vinyl liner pool, rectangle. It has been fun watching it take shape. I thought I'd post pics here. We found TFP after we signed all the contracts and install was underway, so it didn't occur to us to specify rigid PVC, for instance. We got the dreaded flex PVC. lol. We actually just caught yesterday that our package came with "included mineral frog system" in addition to our IC 40. We had it removed today. The plan is to fill it, close it and open in the spring. That stuff in the bottom is just dirt. It looks like they just sprayed the steps off directly into the filling pool lZ+8+%j9QsqfxTP6jMhzkg.jpgBgtMpVeTR6i1JmHN5VJPaQ.jpgxOUfDD0yQdaC7U1enbUlgA.jpgy4E4KtomQMeMUm5IN0SCnQ.jpg59241648145__567B28ED-1B0E-44C9-B719-F665F9A3C37E.jpegIMG_0020.JPGEjzwXYWXSD+5pKow6cMAlQ.jpgvOOG2qMKQe+MTGR0%7Vdlg.jpg9Wz+QTI4ReSl5arWUErpEg.jpgaPRGiiZcQauYQ7WNGujvhQ.jpg

LOVE!!!! PLEASE tell me you will be doing a polar bear plunge before you close it!!! You have a heater so...........

I really like how they did the cuts on the decking around the steps. Adds an extra nice touch.

Good job putting in the hand rail. You will be glad you have it one day.

So do you have a test kit yet? (Bet you KNEW that was coming LOL)

Kim:kim:

LOVE!!!! PLEASE tell me you will be doing a polar bear plunge before you close it!!! You have a heater so...........

I really like how they did the cuts on the decking around the steps. Adds an extra nice touch.

Good job putting in the hand rail. You will be glad you have it one day.

So do you have a test kit yet? (Bet you KNEW that was coming LOL)

Kim:kim:
Thank you! I am probably NOT doing a polar bear plunge. lol The kids might....Heck, my husband might, you never know. We haven't ordered the test kit yet. I'm going to order the TF100 for the spring. My son ( the one that pointed me to TFP) has the other recommended test kit. (K-2006)I will probably borrow his to double check the pool stores assessment this week. That way I don't order stuff that will sit, aging, until April when we can open it. The deal was they close this year and then open, clean and balance. I'll just have to make sure they don't add any weird chemicals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.