New Pool build --- Northern California **Quote stage**

spd500

Jul 20, 2020
Houston, TX
We added a small step on our bench so that people could get out of the pool easier on that end if they wanted. Might be something to consider for yours with the seating area right there

Reactions: JC707

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
+1. If a kid, or heaven forbid, a Mother in law possibly can bump themselves on something, they will and you will hear about it every time.

In the case of the Mother in law, you may never *stop* hearing it. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: JC707

JC707

Sep 5, 2020
Bay Area, CA
I would round the corner on the step out for when (notice not if) someone is swimming along and bumps their head into it. I live that new set up!
Awesome! Which step out for the rounded corner, the one next to the deep end where people jump off the platform? Or the house side opposite end where bench use to be ?

Also do you think a small step out is needed at all on the deep end platform side? I was thinking so people don't have to swim across pool to get out after they jump off the small raised platform there. Not sure if needed tho hmmm

JC707

Sep 5, 2020
Bay Area, CA
+1. If a kid, or heaven forbid, a Mother in law possibly can bump themselves on something, they will and you will hear about it every time.

In the case of the Mother in law, you may never *stop* hearing it. :ROFLMAO:
Oh this would definitely happen with the MIL! I think we'll remove the small step out near the left side platform. Let people swim across pool to get out to jump again lol. Saves me a little money too?! Lol

Reactions: Newdude

JC707

Sep 5, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Last design I sketched out! Lol Bench would go out to 1 water sheer decent only.

I lose my whole side bench but still gives some ample seating and leaves the deep end on the raised platform area bench free for worry free jumping? Also leaves house side bench free in a large area for jumping there as well. Thoughts?

Attachments

Last edited:

JC707

Sep 5, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Yah my wife was thinking just 2 small benches under the sheer decents but I was like why don't we connect them to the sun shelf...she finally approved lol. Gotta keep the boss happy? 😁

So now we have open areas for jumping off platform on deep end and also the house side and I can sit under 1 of the sheer descents at least.

Reactions: Newdude

JC707

Sep 5, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Our deepest part of pool (7') is in the half circle area of the pool. We originally wanted a hang out/rest bench there but decided to do a step out on the house side wall instead and keep the half circle open to jump in the deepest part of pool.

We want to go back to a bench area inside the half circle...is that ok even tho the deepest part of pool is there?

Attachments

spd500

Jul 20, 2020
Houston, TX
I would say personal preference on that. We did a bench in the deep end with a small step up from the bench for exit and plan to train the dogs to know where it is if they get stuck out in the deep end. We have no kids at home, so jumping wasn't a concern for us, but there is still plenty of room to jump if you want to.

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
+1 on the personal preference and it just so happens to be my personal preference FWIW. I have zero need/want for benches anywhere shallow. We can half float and half kneel/sit all day there anyway. Having it where you can sit, yet still not ‘touch bottom’ is neat.

JC707

Sep 5, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Thanks everyone. I think we will get rid of the step out on side and do the benches/small step out in the half circle. The jumping areas will mainly be from the raised platform area and house side I think, with no benches there just to be safe. The half circle can be for lounging in deep end and to step out.

Attachments

Last edited:

JC707

Sep 5, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Do sheer descents shoot water out pretty far into pool? Our bench will probably be 16 to 18" seating depth and we want to do at least 1 bench at 1 sheer descent to be able to sit under and water shoot out over you and into the pool.

Would the water do this or instead hit our head/body if we sit directly under it? Thank you.

JC707

Sep 5, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Took a trip out to Ikea today for random house things and they had the outdoor lounge chairs for $19 bux ($30 online price). Wife was a little mad I came home with 5 of these bad boys.....and we aren't even in contract yet with a pool builder. Lol

Told her I am just staying ahead of the game and I did our future pool outline in blue painters tape in our backyard (even Baja shelf) so I wanted to see how many I can fit. Ikea is an hour drive away so figure I'll buy a few and call it a day.

These Ikea lounge chairs are AWESOME. I have 2 in my living room right now and the kids are using them to relax in. Our backyard is narrow so from pool to house wall is maybe 8 feet only. These measure 36 inches in length so will work for us to be able to relax and have people walk by to get around us. Retails for $30 but seems like an out of season discount for $19...I'll take it! 😁

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats