Finished: Build North East Atlanta

Trees and Boulders

Rain delay today: we had half of the boulders delivered yesterday....set up by the pool to start building the waterfall.

Also had trees delivered to start planting at the back of the property line where we had to cut some trees down with roots exposed.
We went with a bunch of Thuja Green Giants (these are big trees 12-13 feet tall) for a quick privacy screen, along with Deodar Spruce for the weeping look, and Hoopsi Blue Spruce as a feature tree. I didnt realize how much trees cost, both to buy and install.....

We had a HUGE rain here in atlanta today, which made the back muddy, delaying the ability for tractors to get up the hill and start building and planting.

Pics of the boulders, and trees:

Attachments

• boulders2.jpg
    boulders2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 332
  • boulders.jpg
    boulders.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 332
  • trees.jpg
    trees.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 326
Here is hoping things dry up enough to get them in the dirt. Those are some fine looking trees there. They will look great up there and provide some good screening.

Those are some neat looking rocks I can't wait to see how they get put together to make your waterfall. That is always neat to watch.

Kim:kim:

What company are you using for your landscaping?

We bought trees from Keel's tree farm in conyers. VEry nice guy, and good prices on VERY healthy trees. We bought big trees. Required an excavator to move and set them. My pool builder jumped on the excavator and dug holes, and I helped with 2 other guys put 12 of them in the ground today. HE can run an excavator unbelievable....We are using his landscaper, but havent sat down with a plan. I have been doing most of the design with my wife

We finally have some dry weather....The crew has been building retaining walls, steps to the house, limestone wall to hise the pool equipment, and grading like crazy.

Rocks are starting to be placed to build the waterfall. Here are two pics of the rocks starting to be placed. There will be a rock walkway from the pool up to the waterfall so the kids can jump.....

Attachments

• IMG_4562.jpg
    IMG_4562.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_4555.jpg
    IMG_4555.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 243

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
there is one head guy and two helping him....They place and pull rocks, and ask us what we think. Once all placed, they will mortar in... there are 3 spillover areas to jump from. I think it will look good. My wife is nervous, because the limestone looks more elegant, and the rocks, rustic.

Hi;
I live in Brookhaven and am interviewing contractors right now. Can you tell me who you are using? I have one guy who wants to use Jandy and I'm curious if it the same guy you have. You can PM if you prefer.
Thanks so much.

Updated for pictures. We had landscaping done on the hill and mulch yesterday. Rain delays....Still have lots to go. Waterfall is built with 10 lights built in, steps on the side for kids to walk up and jump. Empty, its a formidable jump....There will be lots of tweaking how the waterfall looks as we continue to finish the pool.
Awaiting permit for Cabana. The rain flooded the sunken cabana dig out, before they could install drainage.

Still have pavers to go, pebble, fencing. equipment.

Attachments

• view from top.jpg
    view from top.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 204
  • pool from top 2.jpg
    pool from top 2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 207
  • waterfallsteps.jpg
    waterfallsteps.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 206
  • side shot.jpg
    side shot.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 209
  • landscaping.jpg
    landscaping.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 204
Oh how pretty that all looks! That waterfall!!! WOW! Loving it! Do you have a time line for anything?

Kim:kim:

We are waiting for cabana to be built, this week I hope, then the stonework around the cabana, then pavers....the Pebble. Probably 2 weeks. If rain permits.

This thing has kept growing. Fortunately our builder has as much patience as we do....lots of small details changing throughout the project. Now its low volatage landscape and hardscape lighting

OK tons and tons of rain delays in atlanta. We finally got some of our pavers installed.

Belgard Lafitt Rustic Slab in Avondale. These are a bit wet in the pictures but they go great with the limestone wall and flagstone coping.

Our cabana is finally underway. We have a spot for a Komado Komodo grill and a refigerator. Fireplace is to be built. We are getting closer, but this process is going on 5 months now and getting OLD having a mud pit as a backyard!!

- - - Updated - - -

More pics of the Pavers:

Attachments

• IMG_4880.jpg
    IMG_4880.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_4881.jpg
    IMG_4881.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4882.jpg
    IMG_4882.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4875.jpg
    IMG_4875.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4876.jpg
    IMG_4876.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4878.jpg
    IMG_4878.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 131

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.