New Pool build need some help in depth

faustg

Aug 21, 2019
Bakersfield, CA
Hi All,

Building a freeform pool. It is 40 feet across, going from 3.5' to 8'. We have a pretty big play pad at 18". What do you think I should balance for depth along the 40 feet?

Our kids are all young (7,3,.1) my wife is 5 foot, I am 6 foot. So I want a deep end for diving and cannonballing but I keep thinking I want more of the pool to be in the 4 foot range and then a bunch in the 5 foot range?

Thoughts?

I always vote for more pool. You will have 2 teens and a tween soon, each with a friend or two over, and there always will be congestion in the diving area.

Budget, personal taste, and yard size wil determine alot. But i can promise you if you have a playdate/party, there will be a line of kids waiting their turn at the diving board.

40' is a lot of pool to work with. Can you make a gradual slope in the wading area (4'-5') then quickly slope it to your desired depth so you avoid too much in between wasted space that is too deep to stand but too shallow to jump?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.