New Pool Build - Marin, CA - Finished

Finally here are the 3D models to help conceptualize the site. The pool one is from a little while ago so ignore the underwater seating (it has changed some). The spa one is current.

Attachments

• 3D Spa.jpg
    3D Spa.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 3D pool.jpg
    3D pool.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 137
Thanks Kim for the kind words! The living roof basically just refers to the top of the grotto having soil on it and being able to put plants up there. I'm a big gardener so I want the pool to feel lush and relaxing.

I'm also planning to put various Cacti on the roof of the Grotto to discourage little ones from climbing on top of the grotto and jumping into the pool (it's only 4'10" deep at that section).

With the Living Roof, what is the consideration to mitigate muddy water from the soil washing down into the pool during very heavy rains? How does the drainage work? What does the actual soil sit in? (I'm curious because I'm contemplating doing something kind of along those lines as well, but I'm pretty clueless how it works).

BMK - I think I would view a living roof almost like it was container gardening. I.e. it's basically just a pot (a rather large pot) on a roof. So it will have a waterproof membrane on the bottom, soil on top and some drainage pipe at the lowest point for excess water to go through.

We'll probably use drip irrigation although with Cacti it won't need much. The soil will be surrounded by a small wall to keep it all in. Plus when the plants and roots develop, they should hold the soil in (well in theory!). It should be interesting to see if soil does get into the main pool but I'm hoping not.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are doing that for me???????? You are SO sweet! My heart is happy! hehe

That is going to be SO pretty! Do you have the tile yet? Will there be a shelf in there for drinks and such? How about a bench for me to sit on? Oh and mood lighting as well! You are going all out that is for sure.

What gave you that wonderful idea? Hold on a min...............I am going back to look at it some more......................sigh..............so pretty and neat!!!

Kim:kim:

Quick update. More forming, more rebar, more concrete and more rain! Slow going but making progress. Joys of building a pool in the rainy season.

A lot of work has been spent on the retaining walls (2nd picture).

Pool11.jpg

Pool12.jpg

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.