New Pool Build in So Cal - UPDATE 8/28 Tile in Spa not even

So with this product I dont really need to brush the pool?
That's what they seem to claim. Seems a bit of a stretch to me though. I understand the concept of using it to control the calcium dust I suppose, but to replace brushing? I wonder if @onBalance has any experience with this product or method?

Every new plaster job needs to be brushed daily for the startup period, no matter what. There are no substitutes. No chemical treatment eliminates that need.
Thanks for clarification! PB doesn't get invovled in the start up process and offers no information or routine that should be followed.

Unfortunately I found this site not to long ago and I'm well into my build. Currently finishing up coping and waiting for tile and plaster to be done. Its been a bumpy ride which led me to start researching and stumble upon TFP. I got several quotes before signing on the dotted line. I wish I had found this site before my build to assist in the early stages and made sure I was getting the proper equipment. (all equipment already purchased ) Here goes:

Pool: 15x36
Spa: 7x7
7-8ft deep
99ft Perimeter Pool
28ft Perimeter Spa with Matching Cap & 7 Jets
Standard Pool Engineering to Meet Most
Up-to-date State/Local Building Codes
Pool Excavation and Haul Away of Soil
ONLY (Unless Otherwise Specified)
Installation of Structural Steel per
Approved Engineering
Pool and Spa Plumbing
Shotcrete: Applied Pneumatically
@ 3,000 psi (Higher PSI Will Incur
Additional Charges)
(2) Child-safe, Double-main Drains at
Bottom of the Pool and Spa as Per
VGBA Code Compliance
Waterways Surface Skimmer
Autofill: to automatically fill pool when
necessary
3 HP, Variable Speed Pentair IntelliFlo
Pump and Motor
Pentair 420 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter
400k BTU Pentair MasterTemp Heater
Pentair IC20 IntelliChlor Salt System
(4) Deck Jets with Extra ½ HP Pump
Dedicated Suction Line (Up to
35')(Vacuum NOT Included)
Standard Timer Box at Equipment
Junction box with GFCI at Equipment
Electrical and Gas Hook-ups and Runs
from Meters are Included
Hose Bib – (if necessary)
(3) Entry Steps as per plan
Safety Bench in deep end as per plan
(2) Pentair GloBrite Color LED Pool Lights
(1) Pentair GloBrite Color LED Spa Light
Standard Flagstone (Up to $450/ton),
Brick, or Poured-in-place (Color/texture
Extra) Coping
6” x 6” Waterline Tile (Up to and
Including Group #3)
Premium Color Stonescapes (Mini Pebble) Pool Interior
(2) Pool/Spa Coping Alarms (as per City
Requirements)
In the pool rendering the pb has the spa at the baja shelf side but in the build its at the deep end. Which way was it supposed to be.

In the pool rendering the pb has the spa at the baja shelf side but in the build its at the deep end. Which way was it supposed to be.
I decided to flip the spa around because my next door neighbor has dogs, and when the wind blows you can smell their poo. LOL

Also there was more room on the other side of the yard to have additional seating for people not in the spa but would like to be near it.

Oh yeah.... for that size pool I always say 3. I have only 2 and have the same problem. In addition, your builder put in Globrites which have a terrible reputation for breaking down in just a couple of years, and due to their annoying fitting you can't just use any other light in there but that Globrite. Keep an eye on them so you can make warranty claims if necessary.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Haku84

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Skimmer continues to leak, the pool water has dropped down to the top of the plaster. Still waiting on PB to come up with a plan. But the pool looks nice.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 26
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.