New pool build in Round Rock Texas

Our builds have been going at about the same pace. I have to admit I’m a little jealous that you’ve got your decking formed already. I’ve got mine painted on the ground but that’s it.

Everytime you post a drone pic I really think about getting one. The views from above offer a nice perspective.

Do you know when they are pouring your deck?

They are pouring the deck tomorrow morning. After seeing the layout painted on the ground, I did increase the size in some areas for an additional 250 sq feet.

It has been too windy lately for the drone. I hope it calms down some this week so I can get a shot of the deck.

While I'm waiting on the plaster scheduling I did a water test of what my fill will be. Here are my results. Keep in mind this is the first I have ever done water testing and I hope it's right. Let me know what you think or have suggestions.
CH = 4
FC = 2.0
CC = .5
CH = 175
TC = 2.5
TA = 160
PH = 7.2
CL = 1.0

CH = 4
FC = 2.0
CC = .5
CH = 175
TC = 2.5
TA = 160
PH = 7.2
CL = 1.0

Most numbers look typical for our area and make sense. I would check the CH. 4 ? Typo perhaps? And for the chlorine, the FAS-DPD is accurate enough. If you chose to do the CL via the OTO viewer from time to time that's fine, but the FAS-DPD will give you the most accurate/reliable results.

Thanks Pat. I don't know how I got the CH = 4 but I did preform the FAS-DPD test and those numbers are reflected with the others. So I guess I'm good for now. With the holidays, I'm not sure when they will be able to get to the plaster. The handrail I wanted doesn't come in until this Friday. They have to install and bond it first. Was hoping to have water before Christmas so I could turn on a pool light display...LOL

Pool with salt finish decking. The grey will lighten up as it cures.

Attachments

• Deck1.jpg
    Deck1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 241
  • Deck2.jpg
    Deck2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 239
  • Deck3.jpg
    Deck3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 243
  • Deck4.jpg
    Deck4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 241
  • Deck5.jpg
    Deck5.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 239
Thanks CMorrow. Since it's a fairly small pool (14'x26') I wanted enough conversational seating. I'm looking forward to the bench under the waterfall after working in the yard. With the holidays PB having hard time scheduling plaster. Plus the 3 inches of rain last night, I have mud again :) Need to lay sod but want to wait until all is done first.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well the holidays are done and the workers should be making their way back. The bright side with all this rain - I'm able to see the drainage and run off slopes in the yard. Started planning my landscaping and sod areas based on these patterns.

I got the call this past Monday that plaster would begin Tuesday afternoon. I took off work so I could watch the process as well as build and install side yard gates so I could meet code. The guys showed up at noon. Acid wash was Wednesday and started water fill at 1:30. I was able to take a picture of the meter and didn't use any water throughout the night, so I know it's accurate. Water fill was done at 6:30 am this morning. I placed yellow take on the waterline tile where I needed the level to be so I could see it on the security camera. That way I didn't have to get out of bed and go check all night. Although I did wake up almost every hour checking...LOL The total gallons came out to be 13,860.
Next up is the plumbers coming out to replace the values to Jandy, hook up the auto/fill and the electrician. Meeting with the PB and set up guy over the next few days.

Attachments

• Plaster1.jpg
    Plaster1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Plaster2.jpg
    Plaster2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Plaster3.jpg
    Plaster3.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Plaster4.jpg
    Plaster4.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Plaster5.jpg
    Plaster5.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Plaster7.jpg
    Plaster7.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 98
Oh L0onnie! That came out GREAT!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pitty pat paws!

Loving the color of the water. Just know it might change as the plaster cures. Make sure to go ahead and start brushing to get the plaster dust up and moving. I wish your equipment was running but we can work with it like it is. Brush twice a day if possible.

Kim:kim:

I’m not a big fan of cutesy, but the paws are great! I am a big fan of dogs though.

Update - Passed final inspection from the City. Landscapers are installing/updating sprinkler system. New sod and pathways should be going in next week. My dogs and I are ready to have our yard back. I did go swimming last night. Water was a cool 68 degrees but refreshing.

Thanks Kim. The plaster is great. The added blue quartz gave it the right about of blue tint I was looking for without being too dark. This will help with the Texas heat and not help with not warming up the water on those hot days. Landscaping should all be done by the end of next week. Once all is in place I'll take a drone shot of the area. Spring plantings will have to wait until March. I've been enjoying the LED lights but blue is my favorite. I'll save "blood" red for Halloween :)

Attachments

• Pool Lights.jpg
    Pool Lights.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 17

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.