New Pool Build in Oklahoma - Current Stage....Waiting to enjoy it for the first summer

boomer2015

Gold Supporter
Sep 25, 2020
Oklahoma City
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello All! After sidelining the pool build ideas in late 2020 in order to purchase the lot next door to us we're back and looking to get started this fall. Found a builder we like and the estimate/details/ and sketches are below. This will be our first pool so go easy on us..... I know there are some gaps that I need to fill in as far as equipment models on the estimate so before I reach back out to the builder some help on what all questions to ask would be extremely helpful. All feedback welcome!

Thanks!

Attachments

• FBE583D0-10B4-4C81-B7E5-49E4D5D9A7E0.jpeg
    FBE583D0-10B4-4C81-B7E5-49E4D5D9A7E0.jpeg
    552.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 7D0BC264-36C5-4C88-9709-3A5B458EC985.jpeg
    7D0BC264-36C5-4C88-9709-3A5B458EC985.jpeg
    592.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 54552518-9B8B-4673-BAB8-A5E4BA2F8CDC.jpeg
    54552518-9B8B-4673-BAB8-A5E4BA2F8CDC.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 215
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 8.44.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 8.44.35 PM.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
I would:
1. Lose the infloor system unless they can show you a couple customers who are happy with what it does.
2. Drop the chlorinator, go salt. Drop whatever control system they have proposed and get an IntelliCenter.
3. Make sure your spa is 2.5 or 3” pvc. Pool returns and skimmers 1.5 or 2”. Separately plumb skimmers and drain to pad.
4. Use a universal light not a niche specific one like globrite.

I would:
1. Lose the infloor system unless they can show you a couple customers who are happy with what it does.
2. Drop the chlorinator, go salt. Drop whatever control system they have proposed and get an IntelliCenter.
3. Make sure your spa is 2.5 or 3” pvc. Pool returns and skimmers 1.5 or 2”. Separately plumb skimmers and drain to pad.
4. Use a universal light not a niche specific one like globrite.
Thanks for the feedback.

We've met with many of their customers who have the inflow system and are extremely pleased with it so we're going to give it a shot. I've read enough here to know most don't like them but I'll take the chance. If needed we can always supplement with a robot or move that way 100%.

We will be going SWCG....I spoke to the builder and had the rainbow chlorinator removed.

He had quoted with easy touch as that's what most of his customer use but I pushed for the Intellicenter so that's what we'll get at no uncharge. I don't think the price difference was much to begin with.

Reactions: .ben
Updated overall design to include pavilion now as well. I guess the only design option in pool studio was a pergola....
I will need to have electricians run power out there as well for a tv, lights, fan, fridge, etc.

Also is a overview of our lot and the space we have to work with. Large cedar tree will obviously be removed for pool and I'm thrilled it will be finally be gone.

Dig Date has been scheduled for September 16th!

Attachments

• tempImage4PlUiE.png
    tempImage4PlUiE.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • FinalDesign.jpg
    FinalDesign.jpg
    584.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Reactions: .ben
Awesome design!
You may also consider an electrical outlet at a convenient location for a robotic cleaner.

Thanks! How close would it need to be to the pool?
I'm unsure of the actual length of the electrical cord of a robot, but they are surprisingly short. I have to use a heavy-gage extension cord from my patio to power mine. Personally, I'd put a GFCI on one of the pavilion posts closest to the pool on the inside face (hidden from sight when in pool)*. You'll likely want to power other electronics inside at the pavilion anyway.

*There may be code minimum distances required from GFCI to pool of which I am not aware .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice progress! The shotcrete work looks good. Your curved stack stone wall is going to add a lot of visual interest. I look forward to seeing this one through completion.

Tile and stone work started yesterday. Wife is happy with her selections and that's really all that matters!

On another note, I had 2 irrigation shovels "disappear" that the builder is now replacing. I know I should have put them up but I was out working late Sunday night and just didn't think about it.

They piped for an autofill that is supposed to be tied into our sprinkler system, unfortunately I haven't been able to read the persons mind that installed our sprinkler system and they are no longer in business (not shocking because its a disaster). With that said, I decided to tie into the main water line back at the equipment pad and run a new separate sprinkler system specifically for the auto fill and the landscaping on the back side of the pool. Hopefully that will all be completed today or tomorrow.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    578.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    713.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Reactions: darkrider

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.