New Pool Build in Northern California * Completed *

That coping work is gorgeous! If you don’t mind saying, who was the cement company that did that work? (We are building a pool in norcal with cantilever decking/coping in the spring and need a good reference).

Sorry for the delay - I’ll PM you the info!

Further progress! We had the second patio pour completed Wednesday, and final patio and pad pour today. The crew did an amazing job and it looks incredible. The center small circle has the same sponged circular effect as the coping and looks great.

One thing you’ll notice is some wood in the gap where old patio meets new. Our builder is super creative, so he poured a gutter below the concrete and then left a 1/2” gap to serve as the drain. Water rolls back and drops over the rounded edge into the gutter which slopes to a drain. Will try and add a picture later of the side profile, but it’s really cool and doesn’t require a standard linear drain.

Next up: equipment install (should be next week) and Pebble Sheen is scheduled for August 3. I think we are leaning towards Blue Granite with shimmering sea.

So close!

3DDAAD4B-1D00-4432-A1F6-A645354B0F18.jpeg
E07D9A94-B2F3-4F95-8185-E9E50134AA30.jpeg
5A06F797-F797-4880-95C2-0385A43111D1.jpeg
396C231B-40A6-4068-80F0-FCF8CE6A5DE9.jpeg
A14523B4-A1DD-48D7-848D-43A0F80A539A.jpeg
649345F7-09BC-40A2-AF9A-6CA812C65169.jpeg

OH HAPPY DAY!!!! You are on the way to :swim:

Now run out there and put a sock or such on the end of the house to keep the metal off that pretty, new plaster. Make sure the hose is at the lowest part of the pool to it does not flow down and cause the channel.

Once the water start flowing do NOT turn it off!! Let kit keep flowing until it is at the middle of the waterline tile1

Kim:kim:

Reactions: gregfl2001

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you have any pictures with your pool lights on? The great debate of to light the baja shelf or not is ensuing in my house.Your pool has almost the same dimensions as the one we're having built. Appreciate it.

Hi - not at the moment, unfortunately. The lighting is definitely sufficient, but if I were to do it again, I’d put a microbrite light on the shelf that could be controlled independently.

Did you include Shimmering Seas? Do you have an updated pics of your pool now?

Yes, we did and are glad. It looks great and we get a lot of compliments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.