New Pool Build in Los Angeles

Thank you both for the tips, I will try with today's updates! They are doing demo probably through the end of the week because we are also doing new driveway and side yard. It is only 8:30 am and they are already making lots of progress, and got yelled at by the neighbor for starting half an hour early. I guess my City is later than the rest of LA... whoops :oops:

I also want to order my test kit, I am planning on getting the TF-100 Pro - Salt. Discounted add-in options are the XL Option, PH Meter, Standard Sampler and Borates Strips. Should I be planning in advance and get any of these? If it is something I will use at least in the first year of the pool I think I would rather purchase now, so thinking at least the XL.

i can see if you were getting a pool put in every day - but come on neighbor - be reasonable - it is a temporary project.

Thank you both for the tips, I will try with today's updates! They are doing demo probably through the end of the week because we are also doing new driveway and side yard. It is only 8:30 am and they are already making lots of progress, and got yelled at by the neighbor for starting half an hour early. I guess my City is later than the rest of LA... whoops :oops:

I also want to order my test kit, I am planning on getting the TF-100 Pro - Salt. Discounted add-in options are the XL Option, PH Meter, Standard Sampler and Borates Strips. Should I be planning in advance and get any of these? If it is something I will use at least in the first year of the pool I think I would rather purchase now, so thinking at least the XL.
You can't start until 9am in LA? That seems late. I think it's 6am here.

Definitely get the XL because you will be doing lots of tests learning your pool. You might want the sampler though. I'm thinking of ordering it. You won't need the other ones though.

you can't start until 9am in LA? That seems late. I think it's 6am here.

So construction hours are 7 am for Los Angeles, but technically we are Culver City, which is 8 am. it was a little before 7:30. I do feel bad, they have a new born, but they understood the misunderstanding!

Love you plans! Isn't there some kinda rule/law about power-lines over a pool?

Thank you! And my understanding is that there is a 5 foot (+/-?) easement under the power lines. The pool is in front of the lines, and the lines are technically above the neighbor's house behind our backyard.

I will get the XL, and wait on the others for now, thanks for the input! They are hoping to finish the dig today and the GC said rebar team is on call for tomorrow if so. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Nikilyn
Thank you so much stack! Just took a look at your thread and it looks like you are getting close to the finish line!

6 am rebar showed up, I had to tell them they couldn’t be loud…they sort of listened 😳

Moving right along though and here is a photo update! Gas is also here to run for the fire pit and equipment so that’s one more step closer. Cooler day today so that’s good too.

AD6DEA29-EF18-4812-B2D1-A0F36B1CABEF.jpeg

Reactions: Nikilyn and an1vrsy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What is the slanted wall next to the spa?

That is where the steps are going to go. At one point we were going to have the steps along the entire Baja shelf but it was going to take up more room than we wanted. I was leaning towards having the steps on the left side of the shelf (looking at the shelf), but I had already won more of the small battles on depths and salt water (still battling 😩) so I conceded to the stair placement on the right side of the shelf in hopes that my future requests will be accommodated 😂😂

One thing I didn’t realize would be so quick and never asked about was a second skimmer. I wanted another because of the suggestions here but since we never brought it up it’s not worth requesting the change now. We really don’t get much leaves, or wind for that matter, in our yard and most the plants that shed will be coming out so I don’t foresee much of an issue. Worst case I get a little workout with the net cleanup, there are worse things!

It's going to look awesome! Curious as to what kind of time line the PB gave you?
Thanks so much! Besides the near timelines of gas/plumbing/inspection this week and gunite the next, we haven’t pressed too hard on an official timeline. Contract estimates 12-14 weeks total but there are so many supply issues generally I don’t want to get my hopes up in case they can’t get something. 14 weeks would put us at the middle of September so we will see 🤷🏻‍♀️

I didn’t push the second skimmer either. My husband did NOT want it. It wasn’t a fight I was wanting to take on. The plumber and our consultant didn’t recommend one either so I dropped it. Hasn’t been a problem and it’s actually in a great place. My husband did want a Venturi skimmer that’s more powerful so we did that instead of 2.

Reactions: nicolispicoli
Good Morning! The past week they laid all the plumbing and gas line, lights, etc. and today is Gunite day. They arrived around 7 to set up and they are about to get started, will post pics in a bit, very excited for today!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.