New Pool Build in Los Angeles

very nice.. I'm liking that circle design, very unique for sure. Good job on the different height benches in the spa. We did that as well and it has been nice.

Reactions: nicolispicoli
Great job getting one of the recommended test kits.

Try this for your TA test, R-009 when shipped has a static charge on it. What happens is the drops don’t fully form so they are smaller than they should be. Get a lightly damp tissue and wipe the dropper tip before each drop. Try that and post up your TA results again.
Thanks, I will try that next time I pull the kit out, already put it away since we have a while before water :LOL:

Hello, we have made a little progress but we have been at a standstill recently because we are waiting on a permit to run sewage to our garage which we are converting to a poolhouse/ADU. We now have the BBQ and fire pit area formed, forms for the planters and wood tile insets, they poured coping this week and installed the waterline tile yesterday. We are waiting on the tile that goes in the spa and it should ship Sept. 2nd. Here are some photos because we all know an update is worthless without them!

IMG_7280.jpeg

IMG_7534.jpeg

IMG_7524.jpeg
65127985600__F71BEE42-9C67-496B-A767-6FA7A6730A38.jpeg

I kinda wish I would have thought of a round gunite pool. Oh, the possibilitie. Kudos to you. Looks great, can’t wait to see more updates!

Hello! Good news, the plumbing was laid on Friday for our garage conversion and we are expecting an inspection on Monday or Tuesday, and then they can regrade the driveway and pour ALL the concrete and patio and get moving again. I have been told everything should move "quick" after that, but we are still waiting on our tiles for the spa dam wall and we need to work with the neighbors on fencing so who actually know 🤷‍♀️

We also had some tile decking laid around the back half of the pool. Its not finished, and was laid a little crooked, but its something we can live with and received a (small) credit.. Its not worth the hassle of ripping out so that's where we are.

I am trying to post some photos, but they may not be working...will update later if that's the case.IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0072.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpeg
    IMG_0035.jpeg
    837.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Soooo Many Months Later... we finally got our concrete poured. In the time between a plumbing issue and concrete, our Builder had out team work on another project and we were just sitting around for weeks (months). They poured concrete last weekend, installed equipment, and have been finishing up walls and aesthetic portions of the job. We are essentially "ready" for plaster but we have a wall that needs to be fixed, and that could still be a while. Seeing if there is a workaround before the wall is torn down and rebuilt but we aren't really in a rush now that its November. Not swimming anyways!

Here are photos! They have been working on the finish plaster on the walls this week and next week, so I will try to get some more photos in daylight. The finish line is in sight.......

IMG_0671.jpeg

IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0708.jpeg

IMG_0709.jpeg

IMG_0724.jpeg
IMG_0725.jpeg

IMG_0726.jpeg

IMG_0727.jpeg

IMG_0735.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here are photos of the equipment. They painted all the piping for us which we didn't ask for and I was planning on doing after the fact, so that is nice we don't have to!

I believe they are still waiting on the salt water generator. Any idea of where it will go? We haven't gone over with them what everything is yet.

IMG_0763.jpeg

IMG_0765.jpeg

IMG_0766.jpeg

IMG_0767.jpeg

IMG_0768.jpeg

IMG_0769.jpeg

Reactions: HermanTX
I really love your concrete's gray textured color. Is it stamped because it looks smoother than stamped. It's beautiful.

Our builder painted our pipes black but I like your gray. Even the pipes looks really good (ha ha).

It might be worth finding out the paint color if you are getting solar heat installed (at a time later) as our builder told us those pipes are supposed to get painted too.

I believe they are still waiting on the salt water generator. Any idea of where it will go?
The SWCG will go after the heater and before the return to the pool. Possibly on that long vertical pipe or if room on the long horizontal pipe along the wall.
It all looks very nice.

Reactions: nicolispicoli
I really love your concrete's gray textured color. Is it stamped because it looks smoother than stamped. It's beautiful.
Thanks! The concrete is literally just plain concrete, no color added, no texture, with an acid wash. We would have liked a "smooth" finish, but it would be too slippery when wet. So this was as smooth as they could go.

Thanks for the info on solar! No plans to add, but would be great to have one day.

The past week and half have all been finishing updates, basically just smooth plaster on everything. All the holes in the walls will be wood slats, hopefully that will be installed soon. On our back property wall shared with the neighbor behind us, more of the wall came down so instead of a quick fix for plaster, we will have to wait for the fence they want to come in - a 12 -14 week lead time :cry: Besides the fact that its supposed to be high 80s this weekend, its looking like we won't be doing any sort of swimming until after the new year. We should also be getting back our permits for converting the Garage, so fingers crossed that happens soon!

Here are some photos of the stucco finish and the safety gate installed this week!

IMG_1085.jpg IMG_1088.jpg IMG_1090.jpg IMG_1091.jpg IMG_1092.jpg IMG_1071.jpg IMG_1070.jpg

Soooo Many Months Later... we finally got our concrete poured. In the time between a plumbing issue and concrete, our Builder had out team work on another project and we were just sitting around for weeks (months). They poured concrete last weekend, installed equipment, and have been finishing up walls and aesthetic portions of the job. We are essentially "ready" for plaster but we have a wall that needs to be fixed, and that could still be a while. Seeing if there is a workaround before the wall is torn down and rebuilt but we aren't really in a rush now that its November. Not swimming anyways!

Here are photos! They have been working on the finish plaster on the walls this week and next week, so I will try to get some more photos in daylight. The finish line is in sight.......

View attachment 380605

View attachment 380607

View attachment 380608

View attachment 380609

View attachment 380610

View attachment 380611
View attachment 380612

View attachment 380613

View attachment 380614

View attachment 380615
Did they pull up the rebar and/or use dobies when they poured? Arrrggg they poured concrete around the pipes now impossible to repair any leaks unless you chip out concrete. Standard practice is to come up through dirt. The pad will shift over time and eventually crack the pipes plus you a block wall to deal with.

Did they pull up the rebar and/or use dobies when they poured?
Yes, there were dobies, mostly in the area near the pool, but farther away they were pulling the rebar up as they went. On the pad, at this point it is what it is. Wished they would have done it differently but there is no going back now. Edit: also didn't think to much about it before hand because my parents pipes are all in concrete too. Its probably a 15+ year old pool that they just re-plastered and they haven't had any issues. Fingers crossed over here for the same.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.