New Pool Build in Los Angeles - Small Updates

nicolispicoli

Gold Supporter
Nov 18, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Great job getting one of the recommended test kits.

Try this for your TA test, R-009 when shipped has a static charge on it. What happens is the drops don’t fully form so they are smaller than they should be. Get a lightly damp tissue and wipe the dropper tip before each drop. Try that and post up your TA results again.
Thanks, I will try that next time I pull the kit out, already put it away since we have a while before water :LOL:

nicolispicoli

Gold Supporter
Nov 18, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Hello, we have made a little progress but we have been at a standstill recently because we are waiting on a permit to run sewage to our garage which we are converting to a poolhouse/ADU. We now have the BBQ and fire pit area formed, forms for the planters and wood tile insets, they poured coping this week and installed the waterline tile yesterday. We are waiting on the tile that goes in the spa and it should ship Sept. 2nd. Here are some photos because we all know an update is worthless without them!

IMG_7280.jpeg

IMG_7534.jpeg

IMG_7524.jpeg
65127985600__F71BEE42-9C67-496B-A767-6FA7A6730A38.jpeg

an1vrsy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I kinda wish I would have thought of a round gunite pool. Oh, the possibilitie. Kudos to you. Looks great, can’t wait to see more updates!

nicolispicoli

Gold Supporter
Nov 18, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Hello! Good news, the plumbing was laid on Friday for our garage conversion and we are expecting an inspection on Monday or Tuesday, and then they can regrade the driveway and pour ALL the concrete and patio and get moving again. I have been told everything should move "quick" after that, but we are still waiting on our tiles for the spa dam wall and we need to work with the neighbors on fencing so who actually know 🤷‍♀️

We also had some tile decking laid around the back half of the pool. Its not finished, and was laid a little crooked, but its something we can live with and received a (small) credit.. Its not worth the hassle of ripping out so that's where we are.

I am trying to post some photos, but they may not be working...will update later if that's the case.IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0072.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpeg
    IMG_0035.jpeg
    837.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: