New Pool build in Katy/Fulshear Texas. Welcome any advice or suggestions.

LOVE the new design! That really finishes it!

Now that tile!!! PRETTY!!!

Glass tile-get some paint cards. One white, one very off white, one light gray, and one medium gray. Lay the tile out of each one by the pool on a sunny day and see which one you like the best for the mastic used under the tile. The different colors will really change how the tile ends up looking. Next ask to use some grout sticks to see what color you want the grout to be. White will make each tile stand out, light gray will help them blend in better, etc.

Waterline tile=SO NEAT!!! That is going to be fun to see when it is done! Again really think about the grout color on this as well.

Kim:kim:

I went to a tile store once for tile and the sample sticks of grout colors were there for the taking. Go check that out and after you pick your color keep the stick for reference in case you ever need to match it again.

Maddie :flower:

Some additional tile choices to make it harder.......
Option One:
iTmiA1K.jpg

GIceoet.jpg

Option Two:
vNKrmgy.jpg

8OGIlN7.jpg

Option Three:
xXP0djt.jpg

Ii94PEG.jpg

nTCGB9D.jpg

Option Four:
WrfEdJJ.jpg

d3wQryn.jpg

TNGFnZa.jpg

Option Five
vKjzk6G.jpg

5JXmTC9.jpg

OEq7Qor.jpg

gJXts9u.jpg

Bj3SMnU.jpg

While I love the colors in options 3&4 the times I have seen with them done they did not come out as pretty as hoped. This is due to the strong dark color in them. That is what pulls the eye so you don't really see all of the pretty tile in those sets.

I love, love, love option 1!!!! That tile is one of my favs of all time. I really like the 1x2 over the 1x1 look for some reason THEN you put that neat stone with it=extra neat!

I'll agree with Kim on this one - Picture #1. The tile really enhances and pulls out the colors of the glass tiles. I like the color variations of the browns to blues in the tile. Goes well with the travertine. It seems you also like the hexagon shape of the same colors. Try pairing that up with this glass choice. It might be too busy but worth a look. Like Kim said keep an eye out for distinguishing patters - colors, grout lines, that your eyes go towards. See if you like it. Hard to tell with just the tile samples. Ask to see a box and put several out on the floor to get an idea of what they will look like.

It can be a really stressful process because it's something you'll be looking at for years and not an easy fix if you don't like it. Enjoy!

Went an entirely different direction this last week......
fPgguCy.jpg

uYYVHMH.jpg

More grey in these smaller stones works well with the Rustic Blue mosaic tile.
Nh0Nu2y.jpg

More brown and orange in the stone. I think works better with the blue only tile.
nbIlurC.jpg

We are leaning to the more grey stone along with the Rustic Blue. NPT tells me that Rustic Blue is the top selling glass tile.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
WHAT???? :party: Do you know what your job is now? Grab your plans and a tape measure. Go out to the pool and measure everything. Is it wide, long, deep (water level should be at the middle of the skimmer) enough? If not NOW is the time to fix or tweak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.