New Pool Build in FL - Quote from builder and need advice

Mar 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Hello all!

Good friends of mine are moving from CT to FL and are building a new home with a pool. The pool company has come back with the following quote attached. I'd really appreciate any advice insights from the experts here on the forum. They know the price is sky high but it appears to be a sign of the times and the other builders they've met with are quoting a similar number. Couple of my initial impressions:

1. Ditch the 360 Polaris Robot ($2,514)
2. Given it's a 13K gallon pool, lean towards the IC40 SWG

Would appreciate other thoughts/comments.

TY!

Chris

Attachments

• Pool Quote 1.jpeg
    Pool Quote 1.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Pool Quote 2.jpeg
    Pool Quote 2.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
  • Confirm "Pool Depth" is water depth
  • 3' is too shallow. Should be 3.5' minimum
  • Specify equipment model numbers
    • Pump?
    • Filter? What type? What size?
    • What model colored LED light?
      • Pool should have 2 or 3 LED lights depending on model light.
  • IntelliCenter should be IntelliCenter bundle that includes IC40 cell and two IntelliValves
  • Delete Polaris 360 and buy robot pool cleaner for under $1,000
  • Pool warranty should extend beyond first owner.
  • Note no warranty on plaster cosmetics or delamaination.

They are getting a screen and a fence? I agree 3.5 feet min depth if not 4 feet. They may want to get a list of the upcharges for more than just the basic pavers and white plaster...that could be thousands more.

Appreciate both of your insights! Regarding the screen and fence, my understanding is that there will be some yard behind the pool/screen and then there is a lake so it appears they are having the company fence in the backyard portion between the pool screen and the lake. Might be able to get better pricing going with a separate fencing company but probably easier to let the pool company do the fencing as well.

Reactions: TampaKathy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.