New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

It seems the rain will never stop! We got our concrete decking poured the day before TS Bill hit - (thank goodness!) It has to stop raining long enough to do the PebbleTec - but we are close! Still have a lot of odds and ends - Firepit, Spraydeck, final electrical, propane tank (they cxl delivery yesterday thanks to the Tropical Storm), drainage for yard, grading, but we are so close!!!

I am thinking PT next week - but it all depends on this rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Sick of it!

- - - Updated - - -

Wendy test time!!!!!!!!!! LOL

What do YOU see about your numbers that need to be fixed?

How do you fix it?

Not counting the FC that is.

Kim

Kim - that is EASY! I post my numbers on the proper forum. Duh.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are my initial thoughts - according to the stuff I have seen on here:

FC = .5 (should be around 4 with a low CYA - must raise CYA)
PH = 7.5 (This one is ok!)
TA = 170 (Need to lower to between 60-120)
CH = 175 (Should be 220-230)
CYA = 0 (need to raise CYA 30-50 - since I am starting off with pucks - guess that won't be hard)

Now - how I do all this? I haven't gotten that far yet! Must read more!

I've actually printed everything off and read it a couple of times, but until I actually can use it, I don't think my brain is going to process it. Also, I have to start off going by my PB guidelines for startup. Not sure how long I'll have to do that. But I don't want any issues with warranties.

Yes, I'm scared to bring it up to him. (BBB)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Newbie Question...may be a question :)

Wendy, Can you please go by this build and tell him how you did it.

THANKS!

Kim

I stopped by and shared my experience - not sure it was helpful!

- - - Updated - - -

Too funny not to share. So the Propane Tank guy got here and about 10 minutes later he knocks on my door and says mam, I am sorry, but I have to run to the store. I will be back in a few minutes. (having had so many crews in my backyard - I thought maybe he needed to use the restroom) so I asked him if there was anything I could help with. He said that he had to go buy some Mosquito Repellant - that he can't stand out there without being eaten alive! LOL - so I proceeded to spray him down with Off. It was so funny though - it has rained pretty much daily for 45 days - the mosquitoes here are getting bigger and angrier!

That is funny and so sweet of you to share you OFF with him! Poor thing!

Amazon.com: OFF! Powerpad Lamp: Patio, Lawn Garden

These work! We have one on the pool deck and one on the back porch. We do NOT have ANY mosquito when we have them lit!

We have a wetland behind us and a pond so..............we have plenty of mosquito but they stay away from these!

Thanks for stopping by that other build.

Kim

I have seen these in the store - but wasn't sure if they work! I am going to get one this weekend!!!!! I need something on my back patio - they like to congregate there and wait for unsuspecting victims to walk out the door.

Here is a picture of my new Propane Tank :) We will soon build a 4' privacy fence all the way in front of the tank - from our current privacy fence (along the concrete) - over to our property line. Our HOA requires the tank be hidden from view and we have been wanting to fence in the rest of our property - but it will have to wait a while . . . $$$

18742745308_755b9bbf65_z.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

18307890924_dc993671a8_z.jpg

These aren't the best pictures of the decking - I was trying to get it before the storm hit again.

18904132056_90c8f7ff4f_z.jpg

18309722563_bbf58c9829_z.jpg

18930486495_a6b35f19bc_z.jpg

18744292989_32c98f5d39_z.jpg

Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! That is a VERY old email address. My husband was in the AF and we were stationed in Utah when I created that email. Funny, that is the one that I have stuck with!

The money? All on booze.
:cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.