thezookman

Aug 23, 2021
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First, I just have to say, outstanding information on this site. Lots of knowledge and definitely helped us figure out what we wanted and what we needed. With that said, our dig day is this coming Friday.

25 x 18 pool with 6 x 12 shelf. 3.5 ft to 6 ft depth.
24 inch Sheer on deep end.
2 lighted bubblers on shelf.
7 x 7 attached raised spa.
Pentair equipment with Intellicenter and WiFi.
400 BTU Gas Heater.
Separate Pool/spa and water feature VS pumps. Independent control.
All lights will be able to be independently controlled.

Plan on going with robotic cleaner.
Currently Chlorine but may switch to salt at a later time, not during this build.
Two umbrella sleeves on the deck and one on the shelf.

View attachment 378163

Reactions: ShadyPool
Been super busy. Finally have a minute for an update.

Excavation started last Thursday afternoon and was complete by Saturday afternoon. Removed lots of rock, as expected in Central Texas.

Rebar is almost complete as of last night, and plumbing should be complete by the weekend. Moving fast right now, but we are prepared for a slow down before gunite gets done. I've been double checking measurements as they've progressed and all looks good so far. Really pleased with their work.

Rebar 1.jpg

So, been a while since I've posted... Just like probably everyone, life gets in the way. Been an great experience with our pool builder. Started the dig on 21 October and finished filling the pool late last night. Equipment startup is tomorrow! Let the fun begin!Pool Filling.jpgPool Filled.png

full

Reactions: thezookman
It all looks great. Suggest you update your signature with the type of test kit you will use. I think originally you mentioned that you were going to use liquid chlorine as your primary chlorination method. Test Kits Compared
Let us know when you do your first test. Will the PB look after the chemistry for the first 30 days. Glad you had a good process with your PB.
Your timeline for completion is great. It looks wonderful.

Reactions: thezookman

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It all looks great. Suggest you update your signature with the type of test kit you will use. I think originally you mentioned that you were going to use liquid chlorine as your primary chlorination method. Test Kits Compared
Let us know when you do your first test. Will the PB look after the chemistry for the first 30 days. Glad you had a good process with your PB.
Your timeline for completion is great. It looks wonderful.
Thanks! The longest wait was for plaster, but being winter, we just had to keep our excitement in check. We really want to try out the spa, but have a few weeks before starting up the heater. PB will set up and monitor the chemistry for the first couple weeks. I'll need to order one of the test kits. I'll take a look at the comparison. Yes, liquid chlorine will be the answer, at least for a while. Also having the PB put the pentair automated heater bypass set-up in.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.