New Pool Build Central Florida - Start to Finish!

That looks great! I hear you on the color selection! I about short circuited. Fortunately my wife kept us focused. Once we got down to 3 or 4 we liked and couldn't make a decision on, we let the kids pick. That way they got to have some say in it, but we limited it to colors that we knew we could live with!

--Jeff

@JTS987 It looks wonderful! When you get landscaping done please share. I am curious what you do for landscaping as I have a similar area. But need the pool to be built first :).

Time for cleanup to get ready for plaster!
Hi, in perusing build threads while searching for ideas for our build, I came across your thread... I like the idea of concrete deck coming to edge of pool - no coping. A nice clean look! Is it true that there is a bullnose at the pool edge?

Our neighbor’s newly installed pool has similar,but with the edge squared off. To my eye, the edge looks harsh, like a slab just stopping at the edge of the pool. the bullnose looks better, and simulates coping.

And then, you added approximately 1’ of Kooldeck surface at the edge, wrapping over? If not, what accounts for the different color at pool edge?

Looks great, how’s it holding up?

Last edited:
Hi, in perusing build threads while searching for ideas for our build, I came across your thread... I like the idea of concrete deck coming to edge of pool - no coping. A nice clean look! Is it true that there is a bullnose at the pool edge?

Our neighbor’s newly installed pool has similar,but with the edge squared off. To my eye, the edge looks harsh, like a slab just stopping at the edge of the pool. the bullnose looks better, and simulates coping.

And then, you added approximately 1’ of Kooldeck surface at the edge, wrapping over? If not, what accounts for the different color at pool edge?

Looks great, how’s it holding up?

Any shape form you want or need.

Yes, there is a cantilever bullnose for the coping. It was all poured at the same time as the deck using forms from the above company. Yep, concrete was smoothed out and the topping was added on the entire concrete surface including the coping portion. We just painted a 12 inch strip around the perimeter to distinguish when you are near the edge. Holding up great, no issues!

Reactions: stevo777
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.