Clermont, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
In the process of designing a pool (no spa). These are the things i'd like to have control of from my smart phone:

Jandy VS Pump
Jandy TruClear Chlorinator
Aquaclear heatpump
Jandy nicheless led lights.

The builder is insisting that we need a $2k iAqualink rig with a wireless interface. That sounds a little steep to me.

I know Jandy has the iQpump01 controller. The chlorinator could run off of the AUX on the pump, but you wouldn't have any RS485 coms to get feedback from the chlorinator. Then, for the Aquacal they also have a wifi adapter called poolsync. Then, i could run the transformer for the lights through a basic wifi switch. This route would get me what i want, but with fewer bells and whistles i guess.

Should i just let them run with the iAqualink control? Or, is there a better option from Jandy? Will i be able to even get feedback from the heat pump since it's not iAqualink compatible?

Thanks

$2k is barely enough for installation costs for most builders. You'd need an Aqualink system, a power center, and an interface to get into it like a PDA or phone interface.

Here is the Jandy Aqualink selection guide. I would ask your builder what exactly you are getting. You might be getting Jandy's cheaper Z4 system for that price.

BTW: I agree with your builder, you need an Aqualink.

I'm kinda thinking it's a Z4 too. I can't get the guy to tell me the actual part number. All he says is "Jandy iAqualink 4 w/ Smart Phone Controller". From what i can see, the only major difference from the Z4 up to RS is macros right?

We are signing docs tomorrow and i'm going to request an equipment list before we do.

I'm kinda thinking it's a Z4 too. I can't get the guy to tell me the actual part number. All he says is "Jandy iAqualink 4 w/ Smart Phone Controller". From what i can see, the only major difference from the Z4 up to RS is macros right?

We are signing docs tomorrow and i'm going to request an equipment list before we do.

I am not sure all the differences but realistically you need control of the SWG, speeds on the VSP and the ability to turn on the light and change colors. Everything else is gravy. And the macro capability of the full Aqualink is garbage you won't miss that.

Ok, so in your opinion, even if I'm only getting the Z4 with the iAqualink gateway it's worth it?

Thanks

For sure. It is either that or the controller that is made to go on top of your VSP to change speeds, a wall switch that you turn on/off to get to the color you want for the lights, and manually changing SWG percent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.