Jd21476

Jun 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
We just got our inground pool up and running about 2 months ago. The contractor did the start up and we have a pool guy who comes out weekly. We have a Poolvernugen cleaner but the water always seems cloudy. I keep the equipment on for at least 8 hours per day and our pool guy says the chemicals are good. The pool is salt.

It was chlorine for the first month and then converted to salt and Id say this is aroud the time I started to notice that it was constabtly cloudy. We have parties on the weekend and usually have between 15-20 people in the pool and it is 36k gallons.
What do you think is wrong?

It sounds like an algae problem. For us to give you any real advice, we need to know a little more. We need to know your chlorine level and your stabilizer levels. For this you will need a proper test kit. Personally I use the Taylor K2006, you may ask yourself, why should I buy an test kit when the pool store will test my water for free. Remember, they test for "free" so they can sell you expensive potions, and most of the time, their testing is very inaccurate.

Once you have a good test kit, you can post all your readings, and we can begin to help you.

Until you can get a good test kit, it's usually recommended that you add 5ppm of chlorine daily. This should stop or slow down any algae bloom that might be starting. for your pool, that should be about 2 gallons of 10% sodium hypo (liquid pool shock). This can be purchased at your local Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart.

Another thing that would help us to help you is to fill in your signature, this way we will know more about your pool and equipment.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.