New pool almost finished.. last minute switch to salt?

TNReb

Jan 21, 2021
TN
We are finished up a new pool. It is our first one.. so I admittedly don’t know much about pools.

First off, thanks to everyone who contributes here. I’ve been reading through Pool School. There’s a lot to digest, but it’s good info.

Our pools is a vinyl, free form. 40ft long, 20ft wide at the widest point. 3-5.5ft deep.

Our builder originally didn’t recommend a salt pool. He said with an ozone/UV system, the chlorine required would be so low, that we would really like it. Well, we took his advice and salt never crossed my mind again until I started reading here.

I wish I had better details of what equipment we have installed, but this is all I know at the moment:

—-

“Hydraulically Balanced” Sta-Rite Mod media cartridge Filter & a Variable-speed energy efficiency pool pump designed for your pool with 3 year filtration equipment warranty included for FREE (standard is 1 year) - includes Nature 2 mineral purifier, automatic chlorinator, UV/Ozone system
—-

I want soft/clean water. No hair color changing. No dry skin. No irritated eyes.

Should I give me setup a try and see how it goes? Or should I more strongly consider a SWG now? We are about 2-3 weeks away from being finished. Most of the equipment seems to be installed, but not all.

Are there any issues using a SWG with the equipment I already have? (other than wasted money on UV/ozone perhaps)?

Attachments

• 88C91D31-8B6A-48A5-A75B-F36DC73E745D.jpeg
    88C91D31-8B6A-48A5-A75B-F36DC73E745D.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 3393B7E3-D42B-472E-ABFE-604741A6632F.jpeg
    3393B7E3-D42B-472E-ABFE-604741A6632F.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 13

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Wow he got you on all the sucker products! Dump the UV, Dump the Ozone, Dump the mineral system. Yes to SWG. Follow advice on this forum for a trouble-free pool experience.

Pool builders know about constructing a pool and selling you stuff. Rarely do they understand water chemistry. They get a TON of profit selling you those magic bean products.

TNReb

Jan 21, 2021
TN
Since the ozone/uv and mineral system are already installed, can I leave them and add SWG? If I have them removed, I’m not getting a refund. It’s just be more labor cost I have to pay to get them removed.

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Ozone and UV won't hurt but don't use the mineral system. Your Nature2 is the exact same vessel as the SWG that Nature2 makes and the one that I have. It is a very good SWG and I recommend getting it instead as it is a straight swap. Get the largest 1400 series if you do. And of course, do not use the mineral cartridge it will come with a blankout plate just leave that in.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.