Stuart/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
We had plumbing installed for our new pool yesterday and when the crew left the pressure gauge was showing 55 psi. This morning the pressure gauge showing 22 psi. Is this normal?

That's what I was afraid of. Plumbing inspection is scheduled for today. Wonder if they will pay attention or if I should bring it up...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You know...I see so many of these posts where a PB says, "It's all good!!" when in fact it isn't. I have decided that if I started a PB company and ran it the way it *should* be ran...I would be a very rich man.

Reactions: alex800
55 is too much to start with. 35psi is what I do and i set it first thing in the morning when its cooler out. If it drops below 30 we have an issue it can climb to 40s easily with sun. 2moro it should be higher than the lowest reading you have seen otherwise it's a fail. Often the plumbing is fine amd the leaks are from hose bib valves or the test rig. I dont do them amd if I did it would be cut in after a pressure test. Also never use old school turn handles, either quarter turn ball valve bib or nothing. Rubber seals stink

I have an update....

Perhaps I misunderstood my PB yesterday when they said " Not a big deal" because first thing this morning the plumbing crew were here and found and corrected the issue. One of the elbows was leaking.

30 minutes after they left the inspector came in and we now passed the plumbing inspection. :)

I appreciate all your replies. I was freaking about it. :eek:

Reactions: Oly and JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.