New Plaster - When can/should I use suction side cleaner?

ManiacalMama

Bronze Supporter
Jul 18, 2017
Antelope, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I'm not sure if this in the right place for this question, but...
We are 16 days post fill. No evidence of plaster dust for about 5 days. I would like to stop the 24/7 filtering now and return to my normal timed schedule, but we are now getting a lot of tree litter in the pool so I would also like to put the pool cleaner back in. Is it safe to do that now? The plastering company didn't give us much guidance on this. Just said no wheeled vacuums for at least 10 days. We have the 4 wheel Poolvergnuegen (The Pool Cleaner).

Opinions?

Thanks!

Most startup guides I have seen say no wheeled cleaners for 28 days.

Its your pool. You run the risk of putting ruts in your plaster.

Ok, that's what I was looking for. I just couldn't find a definitive "this many days". The 10 days the plasterer told me seemed too soon. I'll wait the 28 days.
This is DiamondBrite, if that matters.

Ok, that's what I was looking for. I just couldn't find a definitive "this many days". The 10 days the plasterer told me seemed too soon. I'll wait the 28 days.
This is DiamondBrite, if that matters.

10. Do not vacuum the pool with a wheeled vacuum for 14 days, to avoid leaving "Wheel Marks". Brush type vacuums may be used immediately.

Reactions: ManiacalMama
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.