New Pentair pump replacement

Genec

May 4, 2022
Seaford, NY 11783, USA
Made the mistake and left my pump out over the winter. Seals and bearings are shot. I was looking to replace my 011773 (WF26) 1.5hp with a newer model.
I have a 30-35k gal pool. I am confused as to whether my pump truly runs at 1 or 1.5hp. Nobody seems to have a 1hp (011059) or 2hp (011060) but there are some 3hp around.
I have seen the 011018 and 011056. Is there a significant difference between those two? And can I use the 3hp but at lower power or is that a waste?
PS dont want to have to repipe.

Welcome to TFP.

011018, 011028 and 011056 pumps are all basically the same. Get whichever one is available.

Running the pump at a lower RPM/HP will save you lots in your electric bill.

Variable_Speed_Pump_Electrical_Costs.jpg

Read How to select the best pump for a new pool

GPMs depend what your equipment needs.

There is no optimal run speed. It varies based on your pool environment, time of day, weather, season, etc.

What problem are you trying to solve?

Actually not having a problem just trying to replace my 1.5 hp Whisperflo. I never invested in the Intelliflo because as I said more to break.
However they seem to be phasing out the single speeds. I have a 30-35k free form pool and that 1.5 worked fine for me until I left it outside for the winter...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.