New Pentair Automation System and SWG

seeitdifferent

Bronze Supporter
Hello,

We are in the process of updating or swapping out our automation system. We currently have Hayward ProLogic automation, Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, Pentair Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter CCRP100, and Pentair Intellibrite 5G light (as seen in our signature).
The goals are: to have all the same manufacturer components so they can talk to each other, program the pump to run on a regular basis, make sure the salt cell is running and generating the chorine, allow guests to turn on the pump when using the pool, and allow guests to turn on the light when using the pool.

I had posted back when we moved to a variable speed pump about how to get the Hayward panel to talk to the Pentair pump. And with the help of this awesome forum we were able to make this work :)

Our criteria for the new system:
- First and foremost, do we need automation? Is there a possibility to run just the pump and the iChor? If we do need it we are looking at the Pentair EasyTouch 4 because it is the least expensive and we only need to control pump timers, light on/off, and salt cell.
- We are looking at the Pentair iChor salt cell
- We are considering adding remote monitoring and access. Is this something that would need to be added to the EasyTouch 4 to provide remote monitoring?
- We do not live at the property. It is a vacation rental and as such we are hoping the remote monitoring would help identify issues when equipment is not functioning correctly.
- We are also hoping to have a remote control panel, most likely wired (if power is part of the wiring so as not to have to replace batteries), because the automation panel box is not accessible to guests. Currently we have the Hayward Aqualogic Goldline wired remote display for this purpose.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and assistance!

Eric

Hello,

We are in the process of updating or swapping out our automation system. We currently have Hayward ProLogic automation, Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, Pentair Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter CCRP100, and Pentair Intellibrite 5G light (as seen in our signature).
The goals are: to have all the same manufacturer components so they can talk to each other, program the pump to run on a regular basis, make sure the salt cell is running and generating the chorine, allow guests to turn on the pump when using the pool, and allow guests to turn on the light when using the pool.

I had posted back when we moved to a variable speed pump about how to get the Hayward panel to talk to the Pentair pump. And with the help of this awesome forum we were able to make this work :)

Our criteria for the new system:
- First and foremost, do we need automation? Is there a possibility to run just the pump and the iChor? If we do need it we are looking at the Pentair EasyTouch 4 because it is the least expensive and we only need to control pump timers, light on/off, and salt cell.
- We are looking at the Pentair iChor salt cell
- We are considering adding remote monitoring and access. Is this something that would need to be added to the EasyTouch 4 to provide remote monitoring?
- We do not live at the property. It is a vacation rental and as such we are hoping the remote monitoring would help identify issues when equipment is not functioning correctly.
- We are also hoping to have a remote control panel, most likely wired (if power is part of the wiring so as not to have to replace batteries), because the automation panel box is not accessible to guests. Currently we have the Hayward Aqualogic Goldline wired remote display for this purpose.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and assistance!

Eric
Be careful on your assumptions on the availability of the Pentair SuperFlo VS control cables (P/N 353129Z and P/N356324Z). I just bought a SuperFlo VS and need to control it externally, but cannot currently find these cables anywhere. I did manage to place an online order, but got a note back that the cables are on national backorder, meaning there are none in the entire country. If you are in the planning stage or can take your time with changes, they will hopefully be restocked without waiting too long. I have found the plug for the cable, so can make my own cable now, but need to know the pinouts. If someone has a spare cable can do a conductivity test using a voltmeter and match wire colors to pins on the plug, I would really appreciate it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.