New Pebble

SteelBlue

Jul 4, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi guys, I live in north Scottsdale, AZ and had my pool resurfaced three weeks ago with a darkish pebble aggregate. I've never been happy with any pool service so I'm going to use the nice new pool to learn to do it myself. I have read a lot, and bought the complete Taylor test kit. One thing has irked me about the resurfacing is a cloudy mottled surface on the bottom of the main pool, the attached spa does not have this. It does not brush off, it is imbedded. I thought I'd lower my pH for a couple days and see that helped, it didn't. Do you think I should just set normal chemistry parameters and wait a few months, or have it acid washed. I've bought all the basic chemicals for pool chemistry maintenance, and I have a degree in Chemistry, so I think I'm up to snuff for self-maintenance. This is a nice forum with lots of info.

Hey there SteelBlue!! You are going to love using the test kit to get your pool balanced. Did you get a Speed Stir to help make the testing even easier?

Take and share a pic of your plaster so we can see what you are dealing with. I will tell you the darker the plaster the more the imperfections will show up :( We might have an idea to two to even it out though.

I am going to share a set of links I put together for new pool owners. I hope you find them useful:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Trouble Free Pool

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might ha

Kim:kim: