New Owner-Pool is staying cloudy

crabtreed

Jul 2, 2022
Chanute KS
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
All of my levels chemical levels are where they need to be according to my TF-100 and the Pool Math app. But my pool just will not clear up. Stays blue and cloudy. I just started testing with my TF-100 today. Maybe I have not been getting consistent test results with the strips I was using prior???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 49
Can you give us your test results so we can advise further? This format is very helpful:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

No swimming during this time?
You can swim during a SLAM Process as long as your FC does not exceed the FC SLAM level noted on the FC/CYA Levels and you can see the bottom of the pool. In fact, take some brushes in there with you and have a SLAM scrubbing party. :party:

No swimming during this time?
Your SLAM level is 12. Your goal is to keep FC at 12 as much as you can, testing and redosing with liquid chlorine every couple of hours.

if you want to swim during this process, let FC come down below 12 and, as long as you can see the bottom of the pool for safety, you can swim.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can only see the bottom in the shallow end
Well shoot. :( You really shouldn't swim then, at least not in the deep end. Safety is the name of the game, so if you get in the shallow end to cool-off and do some brushing, use good judgement and be careful.

Well shoot. :( You really shouldn't swim then, at least not in the deep end. Safety is the name of the game, so if you get in the shallow end to cool-off and do some brushing, use good judgement and be careful.
Got it. Thank you. How often should test the free chlorine while slamming? I am not sure how long it would take to circulate in the pool after adding my liquid chlorine.

How often should test the free chlorine while slamming? I am not sure how long it would take to circulate in the pool after adding my liquid chlorine.
In the early stages of the SLAM Process, check about an hour or two later after adding the chlorine to see where your FC is at. But soon it should start to hold relatively well to where you can test 2-3 times per day. It varies but you'll see a pattern at some point.

Reactions: crabtreed
In the early stages of the SLAM Process, check about an hour or two later after adding the chlorine to see where your FC is at. But soon it should start to hold relatively well to where you can test 2-3 times per day. It varies but you'll see a pattern at some point.
On day 3, been keeping it consistent other than at night. Drops about 3-4 ppm. Water is not getting any clearer yet. Is that all normal?

What filter type do you have (please add to signature)? Are you cleaning the filter when the pressure rises by 25% over clean pressure? Brushing daily?

Reactions: IceShadow
Right now you're keeping things dead to give your filter time to clear out the water. How often is the 3-4ppm drop? Is that daily?

What sort of filter do you have?

Ok - 3-4 is usually a whole day’s worth so if you’re losing that without the sun, something is still dying.

What is your PSI when you’ve just backwashed and it’s back to filtering again?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.